Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

1 Hand and Shield and Dual Wielding

aaron.m.molineb14_ESO
If I choose 1 hander/shield for my first weapon set, and dual welding for my second weapon set, is there any way i can use the same 1 hander I use with my shield when dual wielding? It doesn't make sense to have to get 3 1 handers in order to play this way. I would like to know a. if sharing weapons across sets is possible, and b. if not, what is the reasoning behind it? I feel it's more natural, when switching, to put the off hand item away, be it the shield or the off hand weapon, and grab the other. This, as opposed to putting away both and grabbing two new items.
  • sadhi
    sadhi
    ✭✭
    I don't believe it is possible to only put away 1 hand or keep both hands but with different skill. you will just have to get the weapons you want to use more than once
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    From the the tips that pop up yes you can set it that way.
  • aaron.m.molineb14_ESO
    How?
  • Sivetar
    Sivetar
    I think you can just put a shield in your offhand for the other slot, then when you swap weapons your main stays and your shield comes out.

I THINK I did that in beta, and I am not home right now to test it.
  • aaron.m.molineb14_ESO
    That doesn't work. Not having something in your main hand makes you unable to switch weapon sets.
  • Jerolais
    Jerolais
    Tried doing the same thing myself, but it seems that its impossible to use the same 1h weapon as your sword and shield weapon set. This seems like something that will get patched in the future though, hopefully soon.
  • sully73
    sully73
    ✭✭
    I would like it to be where I can equip the same weapon in te second slot just to e able to quickly switch skills.
  • Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭
    No, this doesn't work :(

The intent of the feature is to be able to swap weapons and roles on the fly, but it can be somewhat perceived as being intended to swap bars.

I admit it would be neat to be able to do what the OP is suggesting, but it's not really what the feature was built for (even though it seems logical to just swap the shield for a sword and keep your mainhand).
    We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    @xezzu ah pity.
    A feature missed that would´ve really given us a freer choice how to build our character.
    This way we have to get by with awkward dummy items or sumsutch. :|
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard