The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Idea for new crafting type

Khressandra
Khressandra
✭✭
Illumination: the crafting of scrolls

So here's the basic gist: you take a medium (leveled), add to it an ink type (leveled), and then add wording or design
With each of those three, you can then produce a scroll to do create certain effects.

Medium ideas:
papyrus
parchment
linen
barkcloth
cotton
wood pulp
hemp
wood shavings
amate
vellum
hemp

Ink ideas:
lampblack (soot)
iron
ochre
phosphate
sulphate
chloride
carboxylate
graphite
cephalopod (SEPIA)
pine tree resin
carbon black
bone black

I don't have design'wording ideas. sorry. That's why your people make the big bucks.

EFFECTS
cosmetic change to character (change hairstyle, most notably- people change their hair all the time)
create experience scroll (PvE)
create experience scroll (PvP)
Riding Lesson - speed
Riding Lesson - stamina
Riding Lesson - capacity
transformation (stolen treasure > bound furnishing)
"deconstruct" potions / poisons
attribute respec scroll
tri resto potion ingredient
swift survivor pot ingredient
gold coast warrior elixir ingredient
instant research scrolls
random overland style motif
random crafted style motif
random monster style motif
Cyrodiil patrol guard/npc
"stack" surveys (and make them character-bound) so they can all be harvested at once OR, make a way for the character to quickly grab all the nodes in an area from one survey [I was reading the thread on this and some people really wanted it and some hated it. this way players who want it can use it and others can do it their own way]

Part of this was from the idea that I have a bunch of riding lessons I won't use now because my Arcanist's mount is fully developed and I don't expect to make a new character any time soon. I'd rather decon those things into some sort of "craft bag item" and then I could keep or sell that or, otherwise, simply un-bind the riding lessons and sell those.
Same with the many, many bound potions I have.
Also, people want some of the stolen treasures to be housing items, like "Pocket Rules for Kick the Khajiit" or "Shalidor's toenail clippings" [I think that's what it was]
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not so sure this would take off, being that a few of the items you've listed are Crown Store items. Granted, they are given as log in rewards too at times, but they can't be obtained via in-game means. If you've too many Lesson books, just throw them into your bank or storage chest if you have them. If nothing else, you'd probably have loads by the time a new class ever comes around.

I have always been curious though as to why scrolls, aside of the buff scrolls, aren't a thing in this at all when Morrowind and Skyrim(?) have them, and what a scroll making system could be for ESO if it was ever to be introduced. I'd have suggested making craftable class scrolls that a class can make that anyone can one time cast, but that's about as much use I can see to a scroll system and even then I'm highly doubtful we'd ever see it.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’d love just being able to craft a decorative furnishing scroll to put in my house.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think making items to that degree would fair well with a lotta folks. Seems like an economy disruptor for many players and zos. I do like the idea of (perhaps non-pvp) scrolls though that have unique effects. Like a form of potions that aren't focused on buffs. Temporary effects like water walking and better light sources around the player than what's currently available. Just little magic quality of life boosts that won't throw balance off.
    Options