The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Tarnished Nightmare

Ralamil
Ralamil
✭✭✭✭
If this set gave folks free transmute crystals, it would have been patched instantly. But it impacts PVPers, so it's not a huge concern, right? No ETA, no real communication other than "we know."

Also pretty amazing this wasn't caught in QA. Well, I say amazing, I mean "par for the course."
Edited by Ralamil on March 29, 2024 1:34AM
Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • silentxthreat
    silentxthreat
    ✭✭✭
    by it self its fine. whats killing pvp is a known exploit players started doing even streamers. the devs are aware of the exploit so if you get hit for a 40k nightmare just report the player and let them sort it out later
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    by it self its fine. whats killing pvp is a known exploit players started doing even streamers. the devs are aware of the exploit so if you get hit for a 40k nightmare just report the player and let them sort it out later

Pretty sure the point is that relatively harmless bugs will often get a quick hotfix if they affect anything other than PvP content.

Meanwhile, things that severely impact Cyrodiil or other PvP content (the corpse bug, this Tarnished bug, things like the block or negate bug in the past) take weeks, if not months to fix.

The corpse bug has been in the game since Necrom, and only just got acknowledged by the devs yesterday. This Tarnished bug is quite literally one-shotting groups of players, completely destroying the fun of cyrodiil with 0 counterplay, and will likely remain in the game for weeks if not a month+.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on March 29, 2024 3:49PM
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ralamil wrote: »
    If this set gave folks free transmute crystals, it would have been patched instantly. But it impacts PVPers, so it's not a huge concern, right? No ETA, no real communication other than "we know."

Also pretty amazing this wasn't caught in QA. Well, I say amazing, I mean "par for the course."
    Apparently it’s working the same in PVE and that’s why it should be patched on Monday
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    There are numerous players deliberately triggering the exploit in PvP right now. I'm not sure whether to report it or not (Since little to nothing is done to fight cheaters and exploiters in generla) but plenty of fights in Cyro rely on these particular exploiters right now which is worse than Dark Coverngence was.
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tsuriel wrote: »
    There are numerous players deliberately triggering the exploit in PvP right now. I'm not sure whether to report it or not (Since little to nothing is done to fight cheaters and exploiters in generla) but plenty of fights in Cyro rely on these particular exploiters right now which is worse than Dark Coverngence was.

If people don't report it, then bug abusers will never face any consequences, which only serves to make the exploiting worse next time there's an abusable bug like this because they know they'll get away with it. Reporting it, and following up the report with ZOS with clips, screenshots, and logs is 100% essential.
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

Apparently it’s working the same in PVE and that’s why it should be patched on Monday

IWgVOQ2.png
    oof
    Options
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people don't report it, then bug abusers will never face any consequences, which only serves to make the exploiting worse next time there's an abusable bug like this because they know they'll get away with it.
    This is the way it has always been.
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

IWgVOQ2.png
    oof
    Yeah…

Another week or more I guess
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • DemonsKnowledge
    DemonsKnowledge
    Soul Shriven
    There are numerous players deliberately triggering the exploit in PvP right now. My friends and I have reported this behavior
    Options
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IWgVOQ2.png
    oof
    Yeah…

Another week or more I guess

Pretty sure they are still on the two-week cycle for updates even though stadia isn't a thing. In the meantime, if you really want to ensure it gets fixed, get some alt accounts together and start running vet trials. Never fails to get stuff fixed asap.
    Options