The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Oathsworn Pit Betrayed's Defender achievement?

kiheikat
kiheikat
✭✭✭
Description:

Packmaster Rethelros with all the Oathsworn Warriors alive in Veteran Oathsworn Pit.

We think this means we have to keep alive the 9 NPCs that are fighting on the path to the first boss.

In one run, we got 7 to follow us through the door, and they immediately died when a trap spawned on them.

In another run, we got 8 to follow us to the door, but none appeared in the room. We are wondering if this is a bug.

Can anyone confirm?
1. It's 8 NPCs before the boss?
2. You have to keep them alive to the door, but not for boss fight?
Edited by kiheikat on March 28, 2024 8:05AM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how many but yeah it should pop once you open the door if they're all alive.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • kiheikat
    kiheikat
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    I don't know how many but yeah it should pop once you open the door if they're all alive.

Thanks, either we bugged it, or miscounted.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We made this achievement too and were surprised, that it wasn't working on the first try, eventho we kept every npc alive.

But I have good news: it's not a bug or a random thing. Once a trash pack is defeated, the npcs are running back a few meters to a static position. Now you have to get close to them, so they are starting to move again.

Do that on all 3 waves and wait, till all npcs entered the boss room. Once you enter too, the achievement will pop.

Sidenote: Before entering the boss room, you can also do the secret boss first. The npcs are waiting :)
  • kiheikat
    kiheikat
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely something odd going on here. We kept a bunch alive and only 3 NPCs went inside with us.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kiheikat wrote: »
    Definitely something odd going on here. We kept a bunch alive and only 3 NPCs went inside with us.

A bit cringe to quote myself, but maybe you skipped the important part:

Do that on all 3 waves and wait, till all npcs entered the boss room. Once you enter too, the achievement will pop.

• kiheikat
    kiheikat
    ✭✭✭
    We got it.

We missed the "wait until they've entered the room" part.

We did that and waited until the NPCs ran in before we entered. That popped it.

There are 8 NPCs in the room BTW.
    Edited by kiheikat on March 28, 2024 2:54AM