The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Infinite Archive Book Furnishing Drop Rate

cyclonus11
cyclonus11
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Did this get nerfed? Or did RNG decide to hate me in particular? I was getting one every now & then, but I haven't had a single one drop since U41.

PC/NA
Edited by cyclonus11 on March 27, 2024 6:38PM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone have any info on this? Did the new furnishing plans replace the book furnishings in the loot table? I've looted several of the (expensive) new furnishing plans since U41, but zero book furnishings.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a couple of books, so they are still there. The drop rate seems now worse for everything.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The droprate for book furnishings does indeed seem to be worse, since the patch before U41 if memory serves. But the increased runs in the Archive I’ve been making since U41 for the new furnishing plans have further convinced me that the droprate was nerfed. :disappointed: Good thing Filer Ool sells several books each week! <3
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to me the drop rate for the book furnishings are too high, i literally get almost 1-2 books per run, and its useless for me because its bound and i cant sell it, right now i have them just sitting on a table in a storage house, but im tempted to just delete them
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My droprate seems to be about the same. They're definitely not common, especially if there's one in particular that you're looking for.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    to me the drop rate for the book furnishings are too high, i literally get almost 1-2 books per run, and its useless for me because its bound and i cant sell it, right now i have them just sitting on a table in a storage house, but im tempted to just delete them

Same. I did one run to arc 5 last week and got 6 books. I get way too many
    Soupy twist
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

They should not have been bound so that those of you who don’t want the books (or have gotten more than you want) could sell them! :persevere:
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They should not have been bound so that those of you who don’t want the books (or have gotten more than you want) could sell them! :persevere:

I wish i could! I have so many duplicates its crazy
    Soupy twist
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish i could! I have so many duplicates its crazy

this here, i would gladly sell them if i could

i have a table with about 30ish books from the archive just taking up space that i dont want
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm... I've never gotten past arc 3. Are they only in the later arcs now? I used to get one every 3 or 4 runs, just going through arc 2 (running at least once a day), but nothing since U41.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerfed? I wish I could give you all the books I get. I'm tired of destroying copies, and copies of them.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Wuduwasa13
    Wuduwasa13
    ✭✭✭
    Are we discussing the new structural book furnishing motifs or actual books?
    Edited by Wuduwasa13 on April 2, 2024 1:33AM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wuduwasa13 wrote: »
    Are we discussing the new structural book furnishing motifs or actual books?

Actual books. I've been getting the new structural furnishing recipes, but no actual books since U41.