The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Suggestion] Sithis Touch Rework

Credible_Joe
Credible_Joe
✭✭✭
Hello folks. I'm rebooting a character and replaying some old content; after wrapping up the base game quest, I've moved on to the Gold Coast to join the Dark Brotherhood.

I remember at launch an overall disappointment with the signature set of this zone: Sithis Touch. I think it's been reworked before, maybe recently, but in its former and current state it's useful only as a roleplay set while performing sacraments, or otherwise running around ganking NPCs with the Blade of Woe.

I think we can preserve that gimmick while making it competitive. I'm thinking bonuses fairly similar to Order's Wrath. Unique, stackable with major / minor buffs, and high performing damage, either through a flat percent increase, or crit chance & damage. To differentiate, I would go with a flat damage increase. I'm not savvy enough to balance the values, but loosely it might look like:
  • (2 Items) Weapon & spell damage
  • (3 Items) Max Stam
  • (4 Items) Max Mag
  • (5 Items) Whenever you kill an innocent NPC with the Blade of Woe, increase your damage done by x%, up to a maximum of X. This bonus lasts until you log out, or lose your bounty (if you have one) by surrender or death to an NPC guard. Sacraments and Contracts increase this bonus faster.

Incentive to do contracts and sacraments in exchange for a sizable damage bonus during your play session. Either go on a spree somewhere, or do a couple dailies, and you're all set. Available in all armor types, plus weapons & jewels.
Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they did already rework this set once to remove the requirement of using the blade of woe

the current set bonus is:

(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    (5 items) When you kill an enemy you gain 5% movement speed for 30 seconds and become invisible for 3 seconds. The movement speed stacks up to 20 times.

would it be nice if it had added dmg with it too? sure, but thematically i think the set fits its intended purpose if you were doing something short such as black sacrament lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    I never noticed they took the blade out of it. I remember the rework, but saw the bonuses and didn't look any harder. Was that they only change, or did they adjust the whole mechanic?

Either way, still entirely unreliable in PvP, and PvE has extremely limited use for movement speed and invis.

I always liked the idea of incorporating some sort of character actions into set bonuses, but those sets always are extremely niche, either limited by a very short effect duration, or extremely niche circumstance. I think if it's something you can't reliably perform, the bonus should be more persistent.
    Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as im aware they did not change blade of woe itself, they just changed the set to not require using it (i think the old bonus was you blade of woe an npc and then got like 30 sec buff of some kind, dont remember if it was also move speed, but needing the blade of woe made it nearly entirely useless)

the current proc just requires killing a target, and with a 30 sec bonus, its 5% move speed per stack, up to 20x (or +100% move speed at max), and each kill also grants 3 sec of invis

it gives significantly more move speed than say like false gods or quick serpent if you were farming a *** dungeon or overland

definitely easier to get the bonus, but still very niche use cases
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=Online:Sithis'_Touch&oldid=1533844

Was the original Sithis Touch.

I think you might be underrating the new version.

The invisibility can occasionally be useful and the speed buff resets it's duration when you get kills so it can stack up pretty high.

I'm unsure if you really want people to feel the need to slaughter a bunch of innocents/do a bunch of DB dallies before doing regular content.

Personally, I find the game a bit less immersive on days with killing player Endeavors because the ground can end up littered with corpses.