The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Questions About Weapon Poisons

DanteTheDeviant
DanteTheDeviant
✭✭✭
1) Do weapon poisons count as DoTs that can be buffed by Thaumaturge?
2) Do weapon poisons scale with magicka and spell damage?
3) Can weapon poisons proc status effects?
  • bar_boss_A
    bar_boss_A
    ✭✭✭
    1) yes
    2) no
    3)not sure as "procs dont proc procs"
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weapon poisons don't scale with max stat but you can boost them with major/minor beserk buffs
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3) yes, at least the poison dmg posions can proc posioned status effect
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Do weapon poisons count as DoTs that can be buffed by Thaumaturge?
    2) Do weapon poisons scale with magicka and spell damage?
    3) Can weapon poisons proc status effects?

You can also "extend" the length the poisons are applied quite a bit. I ran a double DOT poison build in the last PVP event since I suck at PVP. I had a lot of fun experimenting with poisons and different gear sets. There are some really interesting poisons you can come up.

• Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    If alchemical poisons can proc the poisoned status effect, what rate is the effect chance at? Standard 20% chance, like an enchantment? Would the charged trait affect the poison the same way?

Lots of ambiguous mechanic interaction here that's pretty difficult to test.
    Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    If alchemical poisons can proc the poisoned status effect, what rate is the effect chance at? Standard 20% chance, like an enchantment? Would the charged trait affect the poison the same way?

Lots of ambiguous mechanic interaction here that's pretty difficult to test.

Yes, same 20%: https://eso-hub.com/en/status-effects
    Charged should modify that like it does any other status effect chance.