The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

elite gear vender gear for fresh 50

Nocturne Saint
Nocturne Saint
✭✭✭
so I have decided to play a stamina templar for cyrodel/imperial city.

I'm close to hitting 50, and I'm going to have a ton of AP to spend on gear. since i will be fresh 50 with close to 300 cp.
i will need a set of pvp gear to wear while i wait out my crafter to learn traits so i can craft the gear i need.

so i would love some advice on what gear to buy from the elite gear vender.

if it helps you give me advice, this is the build im going to use https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-templar-build-pvp/
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so I have decided to play a stamina templar for cyrodel/imperial city.

I'm close to hitting 50, and I'm going to have a ton of AP to spend on gear. since i will be fresh 50 with close to 300 cp.
    i will need a set of pvp gear to wear while i wait out my crafter to learn traits so i can craft the gear i need.

so i would love some advice on what gear to buy from the elite gear vender.

if it helps you give me advice, this is the build im going to use https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-templar-build-pvp/

You would be better off just buying the materials and asking someone to craft this stuff for you if you really want to wear it.

Otherwise, I'd likely go for rallying cry back bar and maybe deadly front bar (from Bruma) seeing as both you'll be able to recycle for other builds so it wont be a waste
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd also recommend to start with something versatile that you can probably even interchange between PvP and PvE for further gear farming. So deadly would be my go to also, the second one could go more niche depending on what you're going to lack the lost build wise etc.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not a pvp player but I have a stamplar that I sometimes play pvp with.

I use Deadly strike, Sthun's and Gaze of Sithis mythic.

Vateshran greatsword on backbar and deadly maces frontbar.

Deadly you can buy with AP and traders, Stuhn's someone can craft for you on the body heavy reinforced chest recommended.

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not an Alcast hater, but you'd be better off checking out PVP builds on YouTube. It doesn't feel like Alcast pays as much attention to PVP as he does PVE, with him using almost the exact same build for stamplar, stam sorc, stamcro, and stam warden

I also agree with @colossalvoids about Deadly Strike. Its great for templars and arcanists in both PVE and PVP.
    Edited by El_Borracho on March 26, 2024 3:50PM
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not an Alcast hater, but you'd be better off checking out PVP builds on YouTube. It doesn't feel like Alcast pays as much attention to PVP as he does PVE, with him using almost the exact same build for stamplar, stam sorc, stamcro, and stam warden

I also agree with @colossalvoids about Deadly Strike. Its great for templars and arcanists in both PVE and PVP.

I don’t think Alcast has actually updated his site in years lol.
  • Nocturne Saint
    Nocturne Saint
    ✭✭✭

i don't know any better resources for pvp builds.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're using the melee spammable (Jabs or Sweep), the following are all worth considering:
    * Deadly Strikes (PVP gear, so purchasable on GT)
    * Stuhn's Favor (Crafted)
    * Order's Wrath (Crafted): unlike the prior 2 sets, this has value for damage and for healing
    * Rush of Agony (Dungeon)
    * Tarnished Nightmare (Dungeon): crit lines on a proc set
    * Syvarra's Scales (Overland, so purchasable on GT): under-rated set IMO, trivial proc condition and can apply to multiple targets
    * Venomous Smite (Overland, so purchasable on GT)
    * Unleashed Terror (Dungeon)
    * Kynmarcher's Cruelty (Overland, so purchasable on GT): great if you want to AOE debuff

In general, Templar synergizes well with crit mechanics, gap-closer sets, and AOE sets.
    Edited by taugrim on March 26, 2024 7:14PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Again, just go to YouTube, type in "ESO PVP stamplar build" and you will get several options. Obviously, look for a more recent one that fits your play style, preferably after the last 1-2 updates. I've found Sekaar to be consistently pretty good, but you really need to find a build that works for you instead of chasing the meta
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Keep in mind that all these build suggestions and guides are normally aimed at players with enough CP to spend in all the passives and CP slots. As a fresh 50 you will both lack damage, sustain and defence due to the missing CP in Cyrodiil/IC.

As such you will need to consider how you want to make up for this difference, either by focusing more on offense or defence. in Cyrodiil if you are simply playing with your faction i'd suggest focusing on defence as you will want to survive longer and the players around you will contribute to your damage on enemies. For IC / BG's I'd probs focus on offense because of the quick respawn nature / ability to easily port out. So keep this in mind when it comes to the builds.

Maybe take a look at twitch.tv/imperialxi I've seen him playing stamplar a lot so he'll likely know some good class specific resources / have things himself.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 27, 2024 12:29PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)