The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Probably asked 1,000 times before, but can we get the lore books shared across toons, per account?

dk_dunkirk
dk_dunkirk
✭✭✭
I've gotten all but about 150 lore books on my main, and it's nice, because I like the Mora's Whispers mythic for PvP. I'd like to carry that over to my other toon(s).

Note, I'm not asking for the Mage's Guild books. I think that *should* stay separate, as part of the per-toon quest line.

Is this another horse that's already been beaten to death many times over?
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, yes it is another dead-horse topic, but...

    Which lorebooks do you mean exactly? You're contradicting yourself.

    You say you want the "lorebooks" shared because of Mora's Whispers, but then you say you're not asking for the Mages guild books. The Mora's Whispers mythic operates based on the number of books in the Shalidor's Library collection, which is the library you fill out to skill up the MG line. The Eidectic Memory, which is all other lorebooks, is irrelevant to both (but is the one most people ask to share due to the number of lorebooks in quest-locked locations).

    Or are you suggesting that only the 4 specific books in the MG questline be individual, and the rest of Shalidor's Library be shared. In which case, how do you propose to level the Mages Guild skill?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If optional, fine. But I LOVE finding and reading ALL THE BOOKS on every girl (and I have a LOT of girls....)
    ______________________________________________________

    But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

    PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mora's Whispers Mythic scales with Shalidor library, which is Mages guild books. Having that be account wide would lead to alot of awkwardness, including potential rendition of mages guild skill line account wide and the option to buy the levels obsolete.

    I would not mind Eidetic Memory to be account wide tho. Primarily because last time I looked at some missing entries, it was pointing me to unavailable quest areas for those. Having it acc wide would allow me to rerun specific quests on alternative characters to obtain them. I could see the argument against it tho from people enjoying their per character rp.
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    Well, yes it is another dead-horse topic, but...

    Which lorebooks do you mean exactly? You're contradicting yourself.

    You say you want the "lorebooks" shared because of Mora's Whispers, but then you say you're not asking for the Mages guild books. The Mora's Whispers mythic operates based on the number of books in the Shalidor's Library collection, which is the library you fill out to skill up the MG line. The Eidectic Memory, which is all other lorebooks, is irrelevant to both (but is the one most people ask to share due to the number of lorebooks in quest-locked locations).

    Or are you suggesting that only the 4 specific books in the MG questline be individual, and the rest of Shalidor's Library be shared. In which case, how do you propose to level the Mages Guild skill?

    I've been confused by the overlap. I can see that I'm contradicting myself now. Thanks for the explanation.
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    Trejgon wrote: »
    Mora's Whispers Mythic scales with Shalidor library, which is Mages guild books. Having that be account wide would lead to alot of awkwardness, including potential rendition of mages guild skill line account wide and the option to buy the levels obsolete.

    I would not mind Eidetic Memory to be account wide tho. Primarily because last time I looked at some missing entries, it was pointing me to unavailable quest areas for those. Having it acc wide would allow me to rerun specific quests on alternative characters to obtain them. I could see the argument against it tho from people enjoying their per character rp.

    Yes! I missed the book at the end of the quest in Apocrypha, and now it's locked in an instanced room I can't enter any more.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with others that I would like eidetic memory shared but not Shalidor's library.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I agree with others that I would like eidetic memory shared but not Shalidor's library.

    Eidetic shared would be great. Now that I have gotten through most on my main, I really want them to just fix the ToT clues so that I can learn them haha.
  • ShatteredRose6
    Please no, doing mages and psjic and skyshards and public dungeons makes me visit a lot of different zones and make me appreciate the original zone design. I know some of them can be bought from crown store but I prefer to relax with chill music and do them on alts at my leisure time.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks, too many shared things across the account already, we don't need more. A lot of players with multiple characters want actually to play them through the game.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dk_dunkirk wrote: »
    I've gotten all but about 150 lore books on my main, and it's nice, because I like the Mora's Whispers mythic for PvP. I'd like to carry that over to my other toon(s).

    Note, I'm not asking for the Mage's Guild books. I think that *should* stay separate, as part of the per-toon quest line.

    Is this another horse that's already been beaten to death many times over?

    AMEN.
    Yes in cases like Mora's we need to be account wide. Is really bad grind.
Sign In or Register to comment.