Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Tribute Opponents At Home

disky
disky
✭✭✭
In the past I've asked for more common ToT opponents, like barkeeps and shop owners (in the vein of Gw*nt) so that Tribute could be seen as the phenomenon that it ostensibly is. I still want that to happen and I think a more dynamic way of interacting with ToT dailies would be a huge boon for the game. That being said, I would also like to see NPC opponents made available for personal homes so that we can play against them if we feel like it. Heck, they could even be counted as an opponent for the daily Tribute quest if the home meets the location requirement.

We already have Brahgas for instance, and it's a bit strange that once you unlock him he just stands there and no longer shows any interest in doing the one thing he can never shut up about.
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think also being able to play against companions would be fun too. Ember says she loves the game but never plays it.

For housing, maybe even a stray factoum or some other kinda programmable creature concept could be made so you can essentially have a ToT "dummy" to where you can choose their skill level and all the patrons and such
    Options
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I'd like it to be in the form of a Housing Furnishing.

An interactabToT table for your home that could be customized with unlockable features. It could open up the opportunity to unluck various Table Appearances/Layouts, Opponents of varying skill levels with their own deck preferences, and able to play ranked matches. However not daily NPC matches, as you should still have to travel for that.

This would give ZOS the opportunity to not feel new decks need to be included with every new major DLC, because new opponents/table-layouts would keep most of us happy. This way when new decks are released, they're perhaps a bit more fleshed out.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i would love that
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Ph1p
    Ph1p
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a housing collector, I would like this as well. However, I don’t think ZOS wants to encourage people to play ToT in their own homes, as it would lead to less populated zones, emptier taverns, etc.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ph1p wrote: »
    As a housing collector, I would like this as well. However, I don’t think ZOS wants to encourage people to play ToT in their own homes, as it would lead to less populated zones, emptier taverns, etc.

we go to the overland tribute characters for the daily quests so we'd still do that even if we could also play tribute with houseguests.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Ph1p
    Ph1p
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

we go to the overland tribute characters for the daily quests so we'd still do that even if we could also play tribute with houseguests.

That would still lead to less populated public zones and areas, which only fuels the recurring "this game is dying" threads. Besides, here's what the OP said about ToT houseguests:
    disky wrote: »
    [...] Heck, they could even be counted as an opponent for the daily Tribute quest if the home meets the location requirement.

Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That would still lead to less populated public zones and areas, which only fuels the recurring "this game is dying" threads. Besides, here's what the OP said about ToT houseguests:
    [...] Heck, they could even be counted as an opponent for the daily Tribute quest if the home meets the location requirement.

ah i forgot that part of the post.
    though I doubt houseguests would count for the daily.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭

I don't really see how this could be a blocker, because I don't really think that tavern population is a big issue for ZOS. First, the way people currently play Tribute when they're doing Cards Across the Continent is that they sprint into the tavern, find the NPC, start a match, disappear from reality until the match is over and then sprint off to the next location. It just doesn't seem like that's something to worry about if everyone is already blinking in and out of existence while playing. No one is ever actually hanging around.

And the idea of completing a daily in your home isn't important, I just thought it might be nice.
    Options
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I'd like it to be in the form of a Housing Furnishing.

An interactabToT table for your home that could be customized with unlockable features. It could open up the opportunity to unluck various Table Appearances/Layouts, Opponents of varying skill levels with their own deck preferences, and able to play ranked matches. However not daily NPC matches, as you should still have to travel for that.

This would give ZOS the opportunity to not feel new decks need to be included with every new major DLC, because new opponents/table-layouts would keep most of us happy. This way when new decks are released, they're perhaps a bit more fleshed out.

That's a great idea! I feel like there's so much potential for ToT to be really a really fun and cool aspect of ESO, but ZOS aren't prioritizing it for various reasons.
    Options