The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Half of necros kit has been non-functional in certain environments for months

CameraBeardThePirate
CameraBeardThePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Corpses have been in a bugged state for well over half a year now (since Necrom).

Corpses will show up as consumable in many situations where they cannot be interacted with. If you enter a new zone with corpses on the ground, or have groupmates that have killed things while you were a distance away, the corpses will appear as consumable but cannot be interacted with. This most often happens in PvP related areas like IC or Cyrodiil, but happens as well in overland content, public dungeons/delves, and if you join a group finder dungeon partway through a fight.

Even worse still, corpses oftentimes disappear completely. They are still present, and can occasionally be interacted with (if you're lucky), but they have no visual indicator and no way to tell where they are.

The result is that as a Necro, Werewolf, or Templar, you have no way of knowing which corpses on the ground can actually be targeted or not.

Necro has 7 abilities that either require a corpse or are buffed by using a corpse. For the same amount of months, Necro has been unable to know whether or not casting a corpse consumer will actually interact with the corpse or not.

ZOS has yet to even acknowledge this, despite reporting this bug over and over and making countless posts. You should be ashamed that necro has had a class kit that literally doesn't function in certain environments.

How long do Necros (and WWs and Templars) need to wait for this to be fixed? Another half a year? Another 2 years? 3? Will it ever be fixed?

@ZOS_Kevin This is getting ridiculous. I literally cannot use a good chunk of Necromancer skills in IC and the dev team has done nothing to address it.
Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on March 25, 2024 7:30PM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s so frustrating because the class has potential but I’ve felt like, for about a year now, that the Necromancer should not have even been made.

It’s only been ignored or needlessly nerfed since 2019.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro has been cursed since inception sadly. Conceptually flawed, mechanically buggy. I'm glad they've made it so poor now that raid teams are looking for ways to do without it.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bugged corpses are annoying. It seems there's some desync between where the corpses are on the client, versus where the corpses are according to the server. This is made apparent when trying to use corpse abilities on (or even loot) a corpse from various angles around the corpse — it may sometimes work when you try to use the corpse from farther away. Possibly depending on the way the enemy/summon moved before they became a corpse, the radius in which you must use the corpse ability according to the server may not intersect with the radius you must be from the corpse on your client, which makes using the corpse impossible.

A workaround for AoE corpse abilities in the event that these circles never intersect is to make another corpse which has its client/server circles intersecting the server circle of the old corpse. For looting enemies, you need the Consolidate Area Loot option in the settings enabled, and for AoE corpse abilities like Repentance and Bitter Harvest, you can just target the new corpse within range of the old corpse, and the old corpse will also be used. Single target corpse abilities (like looting without Consolidate Area Loot, Werewolf's Devour synergy, or Restoring Tether/Shocking Siphon) will not use the old corpse, as it will only target the new corpse.

In short, sometimes it's possible to use corpses (as Werewolf, Templar, Necromancer, or just looting PvE enemies) when the corpses are bugged like this, but only when you position yourself or your abilities close enough to where the server thinks the corpse is and close enough to where you see the corpse.

0g98tojzrldp.png
    Edited by Erickson9610 on March 26, 2024 3:45AM
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just change corpses to floating skulls or ghosts around the player.

It's how crux works.

Let me repeat again: if crux works like corpses, nobody would play arcanist. NOBODY.
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mained a necro for years now, including a year and a half of Friday night Cyro raids. This is not an issue I see more than one in a thousand corpses, and I play on a 4g connection in the Scottish hills.

If this is happening to you regularly, have you considered this could be an issue on your end, or with your connection?
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »
    I have mained a necro for years now, including a year and a half of Friday night Cyro raids. This is not an issue I see more than one in a thousand corpses, and I play on a 4g connection in the Scottish hills.

If this is happening to you regularly, have you considered this could be an issue on your end, or with your connection?

This is not a connection issue, nor is it a positional desync as someone above suggested.

Corpses that you have no part in creating (didn't do damage to, weren't grouped with whomever dealt damage to, etc.) will appear as consumable but cannot be interacted with. It would make sense that you aren't experiencing it as much in a raid, since the pool of corpses you've "taken part in creating" will be much bigger since it will apply to any enemy tagged by your group, or any enemy killed by someone healed by your group. I'll post a video tonight.

This happens most often in IC and Overland Content, as well as Cyrodiil if you tend to play solo.

It's not just me, as I know many players experiencing the exact same issue, on all 3 classes that can interact with corpses.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on March 26, 2024 1:05PM
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @OsUfi Here is a link to a demonstration: https://youtu.be/JiyHWrKV2Ew