The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Log Out Issues Since Today's Patch

Seravi
Seravi
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the patch today when I log out I go to close the ESO login screen. It won't close. I have to end the process to get rid of it. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 27, 2024 7:09PM
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is happening to me for about year and I just closing eso by Alt+F4. But after U41 is strats interfere with opened Discord. After I close game, dis will stuck for minute. Even you can't open steam launcher.
    Really sorry for my english
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not had this issue until today. Something isn't exiting properly. :(
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eso have some weird anticheat or whatever what caused some time ago freezing explorer.exe after quit.
    So amybe some problems again returned?

btw I have that problem on Windows 10, if I don't close it via Alt+F4 and use "QUIT" button, it will freeze for minute on that screen.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happening since u41 for me, was a thing patches ago and seems like always around for other people from time to time, looks like a system issues ESO isn't optimised for.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is crazy. Love this game but seriously a game that won't exit?

Computer Specs:

CPU: intel i9-13900K with EKWB LGA 1700 ILM Replacement Kit
    Motherboard: MSI Pro Z790-A WiFi
    GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 4090 TUF Gaming OC 24G
    RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6000 CL30
    Hard Drive: (2) Samsung 990 Pro NVMe, 1TB and 2TB
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Case: Lian Li V3000 Plus

Cooling

(3) Loops
    CPU: EK Quantum Velocity² Nickel/Plexi
    GPU: OptimusPC Signature V2 4090 GPU Block
    NVMe Cards: AlphaCool HDX Apex Acrylic aRGB blocks
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since 41 I've had crashes, my settings file was reset, graphics artifacts, game not wanting to shut down, etc. The joys of gaming, lol
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would appear that U41 was built on an arm of the code-base that was riddled with bugs; one of the drawbacks of using multiple arms in the development process.
    Build on a buggy arm, re-introduce previous bugs. Multiple former bugs reappeared in U41, including this log-out bug.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • CGPsaint
      CGPsaint
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
      Edited by CGPsaint on April 19, 2024 12:44AM
      "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • Shara_Wynn
      Shara_Wynn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My game has been crashing and it freezes up my entire PC so much so that I can't even get my task manager up, to end the program. Thankfully I am still able to ALT TAB out to restart PC via the Windows Start Menu.
    • MikeSkyrim333
      MikeSkyrim333
      ✭✭✭✭
      I logged into the game after the patch and the game crashed after 10 minutes
    • Seravi
      Seravi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yeah alt + F4 has become my best friend today. :(
    • davidtk
      davidtk
      ✭✭✭✭
      Seravi wrote: »
      Yeah alt + F4 has become my best friend today. :(

As I said, alt+f4 is my best friend about year and I don't regret :smiley:
    • emilyhyoyeon
      emilyhyoyeon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I've had this end process force close thing since I started playing this game back in 2016
      IGN @ emilypumpkin
      Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
      Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    • Alastrine
      Alastrine
      ✭✭✭✭
      Actually, just starting today I can't log in.
      After name/password it MIGHT get to the loading screen but never past that. It either closes on it's own or I get the "program not responding" message.

EDIT * Wait, on 5th try it got in. Took awhile though, was sure it was going to time out but it made it.
      Edited by Alastrine on March 25, 2024 10:28PM
    • Jaraal
      Jaraal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      davidtk wrote: »
      Eso have some weird anticheat or whatever what caused some time ago freezing explorer.exe after quit.
      So amybe some problems again returned?

btw I have that problem on Windows 10, if I don't close it via Alt+F4 and use "QUIT" button, it will freeze for minute on that screen.

I've had this problem ever since they modified my explorer.exe file. About 75% of the time I select "Are you sure you want to quit?" the game crashes and I have to force quit. What I find most ironic is when I get the little window that says "Reporting the problem to Microsoft." Yeah, Microsoft has so far done absolutely nothing to fix this issue in their game.

Also Windows 10 system.
      RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wow. Sorry for all of you having this sort of crap happen. I was expecting problems (always do after a patch) but for whatever unkinown reason, I'm not seeing any of this, or anything else problematic.

Hope things get sorted before long for y'all!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • Panthermic
      Panthermic
      ✭✭✭
      Are you by any chance, playing through garbage Steam--might with its overlay enabled? Steam version always had this or that issue after patches. My standalone version has--and never had--such an issue neither on win7 nor with win10. If I choose the quit option, it thinks for a few seconds--guess during that time logs me out in the background--and after that quits.
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Panthermic wrote: »
      Are you by any chance, playing through garbage Steam--might with its overlay enabled? Steam version always had this or that issue after patches. My standalone version has--and never had--such an issue neither on win7 nor with win10. If I choose the quit option, it thinks for a few seconds--guess during that time logs me out in the background--and after that quits.

Well.... I'm not. I don't use steam period.....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • ZOS_Bill
      ZOS_Bill
      admin
      @Seravi

Have you tried a selective startup to see if that will help?

Disabling background processes can be done by rebooting the PC into a selective startup. This will disable third party software running on the PC. Test your setup under the selective startup and see if the issue persists.
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
      Staff Post