Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Player Housing

Theosis
Theosis
✭✭✭✭
One of the biggest things I wanted in ESO was a house. Im really hoping they do this. One of my favorite parts of the Elder Scrolls games were the houses. Were I could put my old armor sets, Weapons I no longer used..

I have not read anything on this. If they do eventually do this I am hoping for a lot more customizations. Choose the items we want in the house. also wold be yet another way we as players could make money. All professions could make things for the houses..

Was curious if anyone else feels the same way about housing.
Anyone know if they made any statements about houses?
Edited by Theosis on April 2, 2014 6:50PM
This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    I would love this. I know it's not for everyone, but I have fond but a bit dim memories in EQ2 of outgrowing an axe or something and I converted it to a plaque that I could hang on the wall of my house. Making furniture as a woodworker. Good stuff.
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Houses in other games served a ton of purposes, RP was a big one for this.
    Im not going to claim much in the way of RP myself but I know many who would love this and would leave their other games with things like this.

We could earn crafting tables to put in our houses as well. Prestige could be part of it.

Why do we need a bank? Why cant we store our items in our houses?
    We can spend gold in the cities to get larger cabinets for gold sinks if that is part of the reason for banks.

Just more random thoughts on housing.
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Imo, housing opens up a lot of possibilities in MMO's and helps to further create a sense of immersion. Which is why I loved both the housing in the original skyrim, and the expansion (even more so).
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the main mods I put in my Elder Scrolls games are more houses (I have an obsession).

Especially houses with lots of display space.

Although the mannequins in Skyrim did have a habit of wandering around the house .... that was an annoying bug.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cant give you link, as it was one of many interviews i have watched, but Paul Sage said there will be player housing in ESO, and that they already working on it. Only reason its not in game at launch is that they want it really well done, as that is what we are expecting, and it simply wasnt ready yet.

I would expect at least RIFT type housing, with creating buildings and free placing items wherever you want, maybe craft areas too. Have to wait and see. ESO Construction Set will be amazing :D

PS It is not coming with Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild, which will be first expansion, but of course they may change it.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im sure there will be one

i mean both oblivion and skyrim had it

im sure they wont miss it out from an MMO lol

il hope houses will have a function like in Wildstar there you can have gardens your own litle mine some stations even a portal to some places...
  • nidriks
    nidriks
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see something similar to EQ2's housing; plots, within cities, of varying levels of grandeur. They'd have to vary it a bit due the the fact that ESO is on a megaserver, but I just liked having to travel to an actual city to find my home. And Daggerfall is so beautifully designed in ESO that travelling the back alleys to my home would be a delight.

My favourite housing, of course, was SWG, but fitting player cities in to ESO would, I suspect, be a nightmare. They'd end up having to have zones for housing, like Vanguard, and I really didn't like that.

I spent a lot of time in my EQ2 home in the treetops of Kelethin, and would love to experience similar to that again. I had a room at the top of the house thatw as decked out like a msall forest. There was a little (had to be little) winding path and a tree at the end of that. Always liked visiting other's homes to buy stuff, too. It was interesting having a little explore and seeing what people had done with their space.
    Edited by nidriks on April 19, 2014 7:25PM