Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

This, all this thats going on, is why ZOS is amazing!

SG_Celerrimus
SG_Celerrimus
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorry, but I just wanted to say this, I know its not exactly the correct forum section.

The game has not even left early access yet, and ZOS already has the first patch out the door to fix bugs so that people can fully enjoy ESO. I have seen game companies take FOREVER to fix bugs, sometimes they never even try, yet here we are and ZOS seemingly rushed to get bug fixes out to make sure everyone is having a good time. They have also listened to feedback, and added in the ability to watch the cinematic whenever we want.

*claps* congratulations everyone at ZOS, you have already made me confident that my subscription will be completely worth it and I am glad that I will be paying to play this game. Keep up the amazing work :)
  • carstedes
    carstedes
    Sorry, but I just wanted to say this, I know its not exactly the correct forum section.

The game has not even left early access yet, and ZOS already has the first patch out the door to fix bugs so that people can fully enjoy ESO. I have seen game companies take FOREVER to fix bugs, sometimes they never even try, yet here we are and ZOS seemingly rushed to get bug fixes out to make sure everyone is having a good time. They have also listened to feedback, and added in the ability to watch the cinematic whenever we want.

*claps* congratulations everyone at ZOS, you have already made me confident that my subscription will be completely worth it and I am glad that I will be paying to play this game. Keep up the amazing work :)

Thank you and I totally agree! I wish more people had this attitude and could see the downtime this way. I think it's great that they are so quick with bug fixes. I mean seriously a huge patch and the game hasn't even been officially released yet. That's awesome!
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree as well, the game needed some fixes and they got right on it.
  • KidKablam
    KidKablam
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. And once the bill comes due for the second month the sort of people who post ten threads demanding compensation will go away, making this community even better. =)
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    @SG_Celerrimus - well said. ZOS is very good about responding to suggestions, feedback and bug reports. They may not take your suggestion or agree with your feedback, but they do look at them. As for bugs, sometimes there are a few that linger but overall serious bugs get fixed quickly.
    The Sidekick Order
  • Kono
    Kono
    ✭✭✭
    Really??
  • Narrator
    Narrator
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS Please xallthethings.jpg
  • Lamprey
    Lamprey
    I have seen game companies take FOREVER to fix bugs, sometimes they never even try, yet here we are and ZOS seemingly rushed to get bug fixes out to make sure everyone is having a good time.
    I'm hoping the game does well and all, but you do realize that many of these bugs have been around for months, right?

• carstedes
    carstedes
    Lamprey wrote: »
    I have seen game companies take FOREVER to fix bugs, sometimes they never even try, yet here we are and ZOS seemingly rushed to get bug fixes out to make sure everyone is having a good time.
    I'm hoping the game does well and all, but you do realize that many of these bugs have been around for months, right?

That's true there seem to be a few stubborn bugs that are hanging around, but ZOS as been pretty quick about fixing major things.

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lamprey wrote: »

The presence of a persistent bug does not mean ZOS is ignoring it. There is a list of bugs. The more widespread and game interrupting the higher on the list its placed. And as things are fixed. New more challenging bugs may appear. Which in turn might end up prioritized in front of a bug you may find to be persistent and annoying.

Theres also bugs that are stubborn and consistently return fix after fix.

On top of this developers are required to continue working to improve the game in itself. Adding new features and streamlining current ones. All of this requires time-management. And if a bug is nothing more then a slight annoyance rather then a devastating one like the one from last night. It may continue to be sidelined until which time a developer is free to focus on it.

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • marty83
    marty83
    ✭✭
    I couldn't agree more and from what I'm reading this is one of the best mmo launches/pre-launches that's happened in awhile.
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @marty83 I know right? In some games, you can't even get onto the servers for early access. I was able to get on the first day with little to no problems.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Sure, it's painful to have to wait to play, but it's for the best.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fully agree OP, great post. Whoever is complaining about downtime, really, in brand new game, knows nothing about MMOs and cant see that Zeni is really trying to make this game stable and accessible for all of us. Keep it up guys.

About old, and still existing bugs-yea they here, but it doesnt mean they not being tracked and worked on. Plus, relog to complete quest, is minor annoyance, and they have far more serious issues to work on, like players unable to log in.

I wish people just look at it this way, that company is really doing their best, and stop bashing them and complaining all time(those who does that of course.)
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    KidKablam wrote: »
    Agreed. And once the bill comes due for the second month the sort of people who post ten threads demanding compensation will go away, making this community even better. =)
    I'm not religious but Amen to that!

• Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you OP. It's good to see this. I don't like seeing all the bashing of this team. They are doing a great job. I bet these guys are working around the clock so we can sit on our assess and have some fun.

Kudos ZOS!
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Spiderg1rl
    Spiderg1rl
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for this as well. This is a huge game, that alone is an achievement but the standard the game is at is pretty high. Bugs are part and parcel of most games more so all RPGs as everyone plays it differently.

Zenimax have done a great job of getting us up and running, making it as smooth and seamless as possible and with the devs all over the forums they are clearly listening to us. I just hope they've slept at least once since early access started.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy that they are working on fixing the bugs, but I hate that the server had to be down for half a day for that. It was worth it, but still a bother anyway.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Zuvla
    Zuvla
    ✭✭
    Seems game-wise they are doing pretty good with bugs as for listening to feedback from players they still dont have it quite perfect but it is really hard xD like many other games in some issues they listen too much =P but I am really glad that they did put effort into making leveling a bit better (still not happy that there are people level 50, 50+, and 50++ already though >.>, but at least they tried...so overall they are not doing too bad
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm impressed so far. All of my support contact has been responded to within a day, and I've yet to run into any significant bugs or annoyances.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zuvla wrote: »
    Seems game-wise they are doing pretty good with bugs as for listening to feedback from players they still dont have it quite perfect but it is really hard xD like many other games in some issues they listen too much =P but I am really glad that they did put effort into making leveling a bit better (still not happy that there are people level 50, 50+, and 50++ already though >.>, but at least they tried...so overall they are not doing too bad

Without making the entire game just draconian, you'll always have some people that manage to get to the cap within the first week. Sometimes by exploiting, other times by just doing something so monotonous/repetitive the rest of the players wouldn't even consider doing that to level.

Really, I wouldn't let what other people do bother you until it intrudes on your play. And merely seeing 50s running around (if you even are, I haven't) shouldn't be doing that.
  • Zuvla
    Zuvla
    ✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    Zuvla wrote: »

Without making the entire game just draconian, you'll always have some people that manage to get to the cap within the first week. Sometimes by exploiting, other times by just doing something so monotonous/repetitive the rest of the players wouldn't even consider doing that to level.

Really, I wouldn't let what other people do bother you until it intrudes on your play. And merely seeing 50s running around (if you even are, I haven't) shouldn't be doing that.

well from the games I have played the games where it takes a really long time to level always seem to be more fun and definitely much more rewarding when you do get there...like wow when i started you still couldnt get level cap in a day or 2 of 24/7 play and even the best players would take at least 10 days of hard-core leveling but now even I could get more levels (90) in 5 days....and it was not as enjoyable

I feel that the most hard-core legit gamers should not get level cap for at least 7-15 days and the average gamer perhaps a month and a half to 3...

when it is slower leveling hard-cores get to feel the satisfaction that they actually earned what they got and it wasnt too face-roll while the super casuals get to enjoy TES a little bit more like a TES game where they can just put a little time each day and get to see a new area and the fact they wont get to endgame and feel that the only thing left to do is to join a raid team and now instead of just playing when they what and do w/e they might feel the only thing left to do it get roped into commiting and forsing themselves to come online for a set time and they dont get that freedom and would like there to be enough content to be able to enjoy the game w/o those hassles for until a new game comes out AT LEAST if not longer..