The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

U41 has ruined my trading experience

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
After U41 I'm no more able to understand how much I've sold in a week, so I can't understand if I've reached or not the minimum requested from my trading guilds. The sales retrieving last all day long and never ends... I'm using addons, and I know that addon authors are working very hard to improve the result, but the problem lies in the back end, and if ZOS does not intervene, we will not have any improvement. Please, do something... and please do it as soon as possible !!
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭
    Also its taking 20-25 seconds to post an item. Further I hate that in order to change between guild traders when you're at the banker, you can no longer click on the guild name, you have to click on the down arrow icon - it's so annoying
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    So with every topic like this it should be said that none of these tools/add-ons exist on console and they can manage their guilds/sales just fine

But either way they'll fix it and everyone will survive until then
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you can't tell how much you've sold in a week, the admins in the guild probably can't either.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, with every topic like this, it should be reminded that addons are 3rd party programs that are tolerated only, with the rule that we use them at own risk: ZOS has no responsibility.

And it's exactly the reason why my top priority wish is that main addons are integrated as part of the game content under full ZOS responsibility.
    The same worst case will always exist at each new update: if they should cause too much troubles, ZOS could decide to stop tolerating them and put an end to addons, because for them, as is now, they're just a risk.

Beside, they bring enormous advantages and even if I'm egoistically very happy to benefit of them, I find it very unfair that some can have them (computer) and others not (console).
    Edited by DreamyLu on March 24, 2024 4:45AM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DreamyLu wrote: »
    Also, with every topic like this, it should be reminded that addons are 3rd party programs that are tolerated only, with the rule that we use them at own risk: ZOS has no responsibility.

And it's exactly the reason why my top priority wish is that main addons are integrated as part of the game content under full ZOS responsibility.
    The same worst case will always exist at each new update: if they should cause too much troubles, ZOS could decide to stop tolerating them and put an end to addons, because for them, as is now, they're just a risk.

Beside, they bring enormous advantages and even if I'm egoistically very happy to benefit of them, I find it very unfair that some can have them (computer) and others not (console).

Tolerated? Disagree. There are ESO devs that correspond with addon authors on the ESOUI forums. It’s clear that the devs care more than just tolerating. They change and improve the API just so addons can do more and work better. Obviously, they also have to make changes to the API so addons don’t do things they don’t want them to do. (Like certain things a certain pvp mod used to do…)

Of course they have to say they’re not responsible for third-party things. That’s just good business practice. 🤦‍♀️ It doesn’t reflect how they feel about addons.

As far as addons being available on consoles… that has more involved. More things like licensing, permissions, etc. For example, there are games you can get addons/mods for on xbox, but not PlayStation. Sony won’t allow them for whatever reason. Further still, if PlayStation does allow addons/mods, they don’t allow “outside” materials like textures from other games or player-made.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tolerated? Disagree. There are ESO devs that correspond with addon authors on the ESOUI forums. It’s clear that the devs care more than just tolerating. They change and improve the API just so addons can do more and work better. Obviously, they also have to make changes to the API so addons don’t do things they don’t want them to do. (Like certain things a certain pvp mod used to do…)

Of course they have to say they’re not responsible for third-party things. That’s just good business practice. 🤦‍♀️ It doesn’t reflect how they feel about addons.

As far as addons being available on consoles… that has more involved. More things like licensing, permissions, etc. For example, there are games you can get addons/mods for on xbox, but not PlayStation. Sony won’t allow them for whatever reason. Further still, if PlayStation does allow addons/mods, they don’t allow “outside” materials like textures from other games or player-made.

Zos could use the same energy and resources they use now to help add-ons, and their makers to add the same items to the base game too. Also, for the record, Skyrim has mods on the PlayStation.

Stay safe :)
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭

Addons aren't tolerated, they're expected. There was a time, long ago, when game companies released actual finished products. Support for addons/mods was an extra feature, a selling point. Over time companies started to realize that they were paying employees to do work some of their customers were happy to do for free. As a result we now see games being released with a half finished ui, missing even the most basic features. And I agree that a lot of these features should be implemented by the game developer. But companies will never see addon support as a risk, not as long as it generates more free labor than it adds support cost.

The difference between pc and console is unfair, that's true. It's also unfair that mac and linux users have to jump through a lot of hoops to get a game working, if they get it working at all, even if their hardware fully supports it. Thing is, these limitations are a consequence of the platform you choose to play on more than a choice of the game developer. Every platform has its strengths and flaws, and it's up to the consumer to consider these things when choosing one. If the lack of addon support is a dealbreaker for someone, they could reconsider if console was the right choice for them in the first place, because eso won't be the only game that has this limitation.
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭✭
    After U41 I'm no more able to understand how much I've sold in a week, so I can't understand if I've reached or not the minimum requested from my trading guilds. The sales retrieving last all day long and never ends... I'm using addons, and I know that addon authors are working very hard to improve the result, but the problem lies in the back end, and if ZOS does not intervene, we will not have any improvement. Please, do something... and please do it as soon as possible !!

TTC addon is no longer updating my goodies on the site, It will show in green that is uploaded but will not be displayed on the site. This is breaking my sales
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to completely disable ATT and it's dependencies yesterday because every time I interacted with a craft table to do my daily writs my game would freeze up and have to be force closed then restarted.

My friend was having a similar issue every time he tried to use the group finder.

I now have no idea how much I'm selling, and I used to also refer to ATT to see how I previously priced my items so I could keep the prices more consistent.

When is there going to be a fix?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    Edited by SilverBride on March 24, 2024 2:17PM
    PCNA
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aorys wrote: »

TTC addon is no longer updating my goodies on the site, It will show in green that is uploaded but will not be displayed on the site. This is breaking my sales

This been a problem for a while, usually resolves itself in ~2 weeks, it seems that there is nothing you can do on your side.
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Aorys wrote: »

This been a problem for a while, usually resolves itself in ~2 weeks, it seems that there is nothing you can do on your side.

Thank you! At least I can save efforts trying to fix this, tried basically everything.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole problem with updating sales is beyond frustrating.

I run MM and ATT. I do get them to update every day but it is time consuming and a real pain.
    Plus, as per the recommendation of the ATT creators, I deleted my saved variables files (for MM too) so had to start over accumulating pricing, etc. Which I don't mind doing, IF the updates for sales were easier to do.

An odd thing is that I can get NO pricing for Master Writs, though I know my guilds sell a lot of them. Always says "no data" for any of the sales windows I use (3 days, 10 days, etc.). When I go to my own sales and the guild sales, it will show there that I or someone else sold a Master Writ but if you click on the Writ that was sold? They ALL say it was worth "0" vouchers.

If anyone knows what is causing that and how to fix it I'd be grateful but to me it's just another problem with this whole thing.
    Edited by Alastrine on March 24, 2024 7:17PM
  • Sharlikran
    Sharlikran
    ✭✭✭
    With Master Merchant I had 3 notifications prior to U41 that said make a backup and keep it if there are issues and ZOS or addon functionality changes.

Currently you have the option of using both data collected prior to the patch with current data, or only current data. Sales totals for a GM will only be accurate if using only current data.

I have MM documentation: Here

I explain the situation and how it impacts you and known issues.

Known issues with Update 41

* Mod authors cannot check duplicate sales between old and new server data
    * Item links from the server do not contain extended information
    * Guild history categories may become unusable

To sum up the known issues, mod authors can not cross reference any previous sales data with the current sales data from the server and look for duplicate sales. Item links don't contain any extended information such as writ vouchers, potion effects, and possibly effects for glyphs. In addition to that you may have all green bars but switch characters and any Trader category could become stuck and you won't be able to use the forward arrow key or E Show More to request more data.

I don't work for ZOS but they are very attentive and collaborative and they have fixes in place. I won't know when all the fixes will roll out but personally, I believe in mid April things will be working pretty smoothly.

The ZOS devs and the addon developers are doing everything we can to help users.
    Edited by Sharlikran on March 25, 2024 1:21AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharlikran wrote: »
    The ZOS devs and the addon developers are doing everything we can to help users.

This is very much appreciated.
    PCNA
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharlikran wrote: »
    With Master Merchant I had 3 notifications prior to U41 that said make a backup and keep it if there are issues and ZOS or addon functionality changes.

Currently you have the option of using both data collected prior to the patch with current data, or only current data. Sales totals for a GM will only be accurate if using only current data.

I have MM documentation: Here

I explain the situation and how it impacts you and known issues.

Known issues with Update 41

* Mod authors cannot check duplicate sales between old and new server data
    * Item links from the server do not contain extended information
    * Guild history categories may become unusable

To sum up the known issues, mod authors can not cross reference any previous sales data with the current sales data from the server and look for duplicate sales. Item links don't contain any extended information such as writ vouchers, potion effects, and possibly effects for glyphs. In addition to that you may have all green bars but switch characters and any Trader category could become stuck and you won't be able to use the forward arrow key or E Show More to request more data.

I don't work for ZOS but they are very attentive and collaborative and they have fixes in place. I won't know when all the fixes will roll out but personally, I believe in mid April things will be working pretty smoothly.

Thank you very much @Sharlikran for your kind answer. You've explained very well. And, most of all, you are giving us a date... middle April... so I have something to wait for. Thank you very very much for this. And thanks to all addon authors that are working hard for the ESO trading system.
    Edited by Rishikesa108 on March 25, 2024 2:54AM
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Sharlikran
    Sharlikran
    ✭✭✭
    you are giving us a date... middle April... so I have something to wait for.
    Yes, but remember I don't work for ZOS so that's just a guess or a feeling.