The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Reminder that there are still many game breaking bugs with BGs that have yet to be fixed

CameraBeardThePirate
CameraBeardThePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Wild that building Thrassian stacks on target dummies got an immediate dev reply from @ZOS_Kevin, but none of the countless posts on the game-breaking Battlegrounds exploits have ever been addressed.

You can still make the Chaosball completely disappear, negating any damage it would deal to you, allowing your team to win the match with little to no counterplay.

You can still glitch the Chaosball into your own spawn, winning the match for your team without counterplay.

You can still clip the Chaosball through terrain, reaching places that make it impossible for other players to target you while holding it.

You can still make relics disappear completely, making it impossible for players to collect that team's relic, and making it impossible for said team to score points, since they no longer have a relic.

You can still knockback people into walls on many of the maps, effectively removing them from the rest of the match.

These issues have existed since BGs were created, and have never even been acknowledged (let alone fixed LOL), despite numerous reports and forum posts complaining about them.

I see the same players abusing these exploits nearly every day, despite having reported them more times than I can count, and it seems like it goes unpunished.

Does that indicate that you want these exploits to be possible? Because it sure seems like it.
Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on March 21, 2024 8:27PM
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do know how to force the chaosball to disappear every time, but I'm pretty sure it's against TOS to discuss how to do that. It's actually very simple lol. I accidentally did it once then my friend did the same steps and confirmed that it works everytime. There are a couple other exploits on some battleground maps for objective matches. You can also stop the relic defile and hold it forever, forcing the game to be a deathmatch, another easy thing to recreate. If the devs want to fix these issues, please send me a DM and I'll explain how these exploits work. They've been in the game for years.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can charge an enemy and fly into the middle of some column or trees surrounded by barricade. I did it several times.

Bugs aside, I wish they would disable any attack to/from base or any unreachable place.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres like 50 people left playing battlegrounds

bgs are not in the top 50 priority list

ever had a sickly plant you just decided to quit watering?
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cycle of PVP and why ZoS neglects it can be easily tracked as such:

>Not many topics discussing PVP areas like IC, Bg, Cyro
    >"Players must be disinterested, that's the only reason they talk less about it"
    >Don't update PvP for multiple months/years
    >Player base dwindles because of lack of PVP support
    >repeat from step 1

It's almost as if they're self inflicted wounds
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭

that's simply not true for PC.

A lot of strangers everyday. When I leveled my necro I also encountered many squashy PvE players, whom I never met again after a few weeks.

There are a few names I recognize but they're not the majority.

sickly is comparative. Other MMOs bore me before I even try their PvP.