The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need a solid vVatreshran's build

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
I've tried a couple...the onebar mage one lasted ok until I got to run around in the lava...I make it to the three mages that shoot at you and never had time to apply any defense. Anyone have a known, good, working vVat build? I have one of each character (minus Arch) and access to most sets....1712 CP. Thank you much...just trying to get the gear really.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i did most of my vateshran runs on either a mag dk, or mag warden

the mag warden was the "safe but slower" route and the mag dk got me the trifecta (a bit more dmg, but survival was a bit more dicey)

the warden build i used at the time was ice furnace (weapons/jewelry) + iceheart + icy conjurer

the mag dk i used at the time was pale order ring + auroran + blackrose destro (front bar) + maelstrom destro (back bar) + monster set (i think at the time i was zaan before they nerfed it)

i will say though, gear is only a portion of it, another is actually practice and knowledge of the arena and game mechanics, for example if you read my mag dk setup i used for that, i used auroran and most people dont think that set is very good lol, but i liked it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate it!
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is great advice, but I prefer to rely on maxing out my dps as much as possible to essentially avoid mechanics or dying from ads. I suppose that's risky, but I found the longer you drag out fights, the more opportunities there are to mess up or run out of sustain. If you're not score pushing, then whats the harm in making the runs faster, but beatable.

So for me, that meant just running a meta dps parse setup like Rele body + Advancing Yokeda or Pillar front + MA 2H back on Stam Sorc.. I slot Pale Order instead of Kilt, Reaving Blows CP (7% direct damage healing) instead of Wrathful Strikes, and maybe adjust my red CP a bit. I like 10% movement speed, 30% for 6s on kill, 1500 resource on kill, and 90 regen stars.

Maybe swap any morph you can where there is a dps vs aoe/survival option. Eg. Bloodthirst instead of Rapid Strikes.

If I had Sul-Xan's Torment, I would definitely use that instead of Relequen, but my trial set farming is at the bare minimum right now.

Make sure to collect the secret HP and Resource bonus of your choice. If you're not sure how, google it. Super helpful and easy.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on March 21, 2024 9:10PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    I've tried a couple...the onebar mage one lasted ok until I got to run around in the lava...I make it to the three mages that shoot at you and never had time to apply any defense.

You should try aggroing them while dodging so no projectiles hit you, mobs in pve don't attack you every sec so you'll have some time afterwards
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you...I'll have to give that a try....lotta work for some gear ;)
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just completed the no death, no sigil in 45 minutes achievement on my Stam Arcanist and it was by far the easiest attempt of all my classes (which is all classes). I've always found stamina to be easier as there is a lot of running in there, you can pretty much run past all the mobs. Heartland Conqueour + Pillar of Nirn and Pale order. DW with Nirn first dagger and either precise or sharpened for second, Heartland doubles the traits so its like having a nirn and precise 2 hander equipped at the same time.

For the fire mages, just have a shield or strong heal and run straight to the final platform with the Daedra Lizard on it, tab target him as you approach and focus entirely on him. Once he's dead all other adds despawn, including the mages. Stamina is also a easier "route" as you go blue, red then green. Green boss fight is just about patience and sticking to the 20 second mechanics - whereas Blue is far more challenging if its the 3rd option (when its the first option you can literally ignore all mechanics and just dps your way through with pale order)

Edit for clarity: Get the first fireorb shield, run to platform with the skymps & either ignore them or kill them but get that fire orb shield then run straight to the last platform. If you have major gallop (pvp assault line passive) the shield will expire about 2 seconds before getting to the platform so pop a shield about a second or two after turning around the bend. This is what makes arcanists so much easier, access to strong shields on a stamina build.
    Edited by NoSoup on March 21, 2024 10:22PM
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are good at parsing, then certainly the final boss fight doesn't drag on as much, since you keep Maebroogha's health down, and you have less risk of the ring of shades closing in on you. That said, you don't need to use the DPS approach. You can get a below 45 min, no death run without that. I used to play Master's 2H Brawler builds in the past. This slower approach works on any class and is very comfortable.

The ring of shades can be borderline on low damage builds, but Master's Brawler builds tend to ramp up the damage as the ring closes and you hit more targets. Some other tricks include letting the explosion happen while in Magma Shell or Corrosive on a DK, streaking through a shade to outside the ring on a sorc, and putting down a Shadow Image as a nightblade.

I find the fire stage second boss tends to catch out some builds, notably magplar pure DD builds, that otherwise fare well. It helps being a bit tankier, there, which you can fix with a gear change or, well, a Brawler build. Here's an old video showing my stam DK in Brawler guise. Go to the YouTube description for skills used and build is at the end of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsjK2m6zD78
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice all!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to add: I happened to have that Vateshran DK video, but I find sorc more effective for Brawler builds, because of the latter's damage passives. The passive self-healing from Crit Surge also synergises extremely well with the Brawler shield. Brawler builds with self-healing via Pale Order or Crit Surge are essentially magicka templars on steroids as far as self-defense. They feel substantially tankier and can deliver not outstanding, but decent damage.

The following sorc build is intended as a lightweight tank for normal dungeons and easy vet ones. It's tuned to deliver 30K DPS on a normal dummy and has become one of my goto solo builds as well. I am sure it would work in vVH, except you might slot Streak for the final boss like I mentioned above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w00hhYOod4I
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just for fun, I reran vet Vateshran on my magplar as well. The results were interesting. For the early stages I preferred a slightly tanky setup using Hexos Ward and Iceheart. However, for the final boss I found it far better to go for all out damage, e.g. for almost a full trial DD spec, because you can bypass the ring of shades that way and wipe adds so quickly. In other words, I first ran:

Iceheart + Hexos Ward + False God with a Maelstrom destro back bar

For the final boss I switched to:

Nerieneth + Whorl of Depths + Deadly Strike still with the Maelstrom destro back bar

As with Brawlersorc, I find Pale Order a bit redundant on magplar, because you heal from Sweeps and Radiant Glory. I therefore run without that mythic, which keeps my builds useful for both solo and group content. You just need to stay relentlessly on the attack, being careful to spam Sweeps at critical moments rather than being on your backbar. Sweeps is your main heal! That said you could try Pale Order + 1x Slimecraw instead of a monster set, of course.

Here's a vVH run on magplar. I cut out a bunch of deaths that happened before I decided to go full damage on the final boss. Build is at the end of the video. If you can live with this magplar being squishier than some other builds, I would recommend it - or another outright DD spec - for the speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAb2VOz8Xbg
    Edited by fred4 on March 22, 2024 3:40AM
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @fred4 ...really appreciate it.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really only took an archer nightblade into vateshran some years ago, the damage felt right for solo gameplay like that, high enough short and heavy bursts between snipe, merciless, killers blade that can knock out things that need to die quickly, acid spray and power extraction for aoe, endless hail can be stuck strategically to a spot from far away

My build was Tzogvin, slimecraw, pale order, maelstrom bow, and relequen to keep up damage on bosses, it seemed to let me bypass a lot of mechanics, and damage avoidance was pretty easy since I was fighting while walking back just out of range of most damage
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this @MudcrabAttack
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when I first got my perfect run, I was using a fairly straight forward False God, Mother's Sorrow two bar sorc with Pale Order.

More recently, I've found the one bar heavy attack oaken sorc to be the most efficient, even with some of the very recent changes.

My current oakensorc setup: Sergeants, Nobles. 1 Slimecraw, Oakensoul. Still running this despite some of the set changes and it is still effective.

Bar is a flex between these two options imo:
    Option 1: Matriarch, Scamp, Prey, Surge, Hurricane, Atro
    Option 2: Hardened Ward, Hurricane, Surge, Wall of Elements, Caltrops, Atro(Meteor)

In option 2, you can flex the ultimate to almost anything imo. Atro works for a quick max health boost based on the updated passive, but if you want consistent stats, Meteor, or even dawnbreaker will work. Hardened is a good heal if you don't want to run pets.

I think option 1 will give you more damage though. But both are fairly viable. Option 1 can do a vet run of Vat in ~25 mins or so now. Option 2 will give you a ton more AOE, which may be a bit more forgiving now after the changes to the way lightning staff splash damage works. Plus the AOE breech with caltrops.

Edited to add a really good tip for the heavy attack builds with Matriarch or even Hardened, is to pre-load the heal during your heavy attack. So that once the attack ends, the matriarch heal or the shield immediately get cast.
    Edited by jaws343 on April 3, 2024 7:04PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Option 2: Hardened Ward, Hurricane, Surge, Wall of Elements, Caltrops, Atro(Meteor)

In option 2, you can flex the ultimate to almost anything imo. Atro works for a quick max health boost based on the updated passive, but if you want consistent stats, Meteor, or even dawnbreaker will work. Hardened is a good heal if you don't want to run pets.
    The hardened ward change in particular is a huge boost to the sorc heavy attack build.

I did my vVat runs on heavy attack sorc and a similar setup on magden (just for leaderboard rewards). It's been about a year since I felt the need to run it, but would probably use arcanist now. Standard dps build (deadly, whorl of the depths in my case) but with pale order instead of velothi.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube