The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Testing out a max magicka stam sorc build

HowlKimchi
HowlKimchi
✭✭✭✭✭
With how good hardened ward is, I wanted to test out how a max mag stam sorc could do. The numbers look good in the build editor (even though ward size and heal are bugged and the new 10% max mag and stam passive isn't working at the moment). Might be a meme-y build, but I think this would be very viable.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=611628

2pc chudan
5pc dw crafty alfiq frontbar
5pc wretched vitality bow backbar (I wanted major expedition on dodge roll)

Front bar: inner light, crystal weapon, rending slashes (flex), hardened ward, streak, ult: dawnbreaker
Back bar: curse, Razor caltrops (ele sus if running ice staff), bound aegis, dark conversion, crit surge, ult: ballista or whatever you want
  • If I am inputting the 10% max mag passive correctly, it will have around 50.9k max mag, equating to a decent sized ward and heal. Combined with dodge rolls with arcane alacrity CP, should be a survivable spec.
  • Rending slashes can be changed to spin to win or 2h execute. Crystal weapon is tooltipping at 10.8k and should be a bit higher with the correct max mag. Razor Caltrops might be the weakest link in the build because of the expected low uptime of major breach compared to ele sus, but I wanted the bow dodge roll major expedition. It's very easy to just switch to an ice staff and slot ele sus though.
  • As a bosmer, the stam recov passive, extra movespeed, and extra pen should fit well with the build. Max stats are looking good because it's using bewitched sugar skulls. This playstyle should feel like a stamsorc, while having the benefit of hardened ward.
  • If the heal is not enough, changing bound aegis to vigor can work. And if we do that, we could slot bound armaments on the front bar instead of rending slashes for more burst. The loss of extra 8% max mag would leave us at 47.8k max mag. Still decent. But I'd prefer keeping bound armaments and not having to slot vigor. If this heal is lacking, rending slashes could be switched to other morph as well.
  • Main burst would be curse + preloaded crystal weapon heavy attack into dawnbreaker. Normal pressure rotation would be keeping curse up, crystal weapon into rending slashes.
  • Switching arcane to swift is a possibility for 1vXing. Bosmer passive + streak with it should be really good for LoSing and disengaging.

I'll try it out this weekend. I'm excited. By all accounts it should work well and has enough flexibility to move things around. My math on the max mag increase of 10% might not be entirely accurate, but either way, without it the tooltips are already looking good. Feel free to suggest improvements or to *** on my build. Since hardened ward is probably here to stay for a while, I might as well abuse it to make weird but effective builds. Is it better than a lightning staff / ice staff magsorc? Probably not since this is melee, but it should be competitive (and definitely more mobile with the major expedition on bow dodge roll). When compared to the other classes, I think it's looking good.

Edited by HowlKimchi on March 21, 2024 9:11AM
previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rending is garbage without MDW but you can definitely run a melee burst combo mag sorc, run the meta mag sorc sets and bars basically just swap Crushing Shock for DW Whirling Blades or 2h Executioner.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rending is garbage without MDW but you can definitely run a melee burst combo mag sorc, run the meta mag sorc sets and bars basically just swap Crushing Shock for DW Whirling Blades or 2h Executioner.

I ran the build last night and yeah, the executes worked better than rending.

I changed my crystal weapon to frags, and used the psijic stamina spammable for the major breach. The major expedition from the bow roll, with swift jewelry and streak feels great. Throughout my whole session I was able to 1vX people and either clean them up, or be able to disengage with the mobility. The only death I had was when a gankblade got me while I didn't have my ward up, and I gave away 20k telvar because of that.

Hardened ward was a hard carry. It's the only heal I needed. Dark conversion was also used when I had breathing room with LOS.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If your stamina and weapon damage are higher than magicka/spell damage don't ALL skills use stamina versions of minor/major savagery?

If that is still the case, it is always better on sorc to have higher magicka/spell damage, even if by 1 point, so it can take advantage of the minor prophecy buff the class has access to.

• JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    If your stamina and weapon damage are higher than magicka/spell damage don't ALL skills use stamina versions of minor/major savagery?

If that is still the case, it is always better on sorc to have higher magicka/spell damage, even if by 1 point, so it can take advantage of the minor prophecy buff the class has access to.

No it will mix and match with highest per thing. So no need to worry about that
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any update on how it's going? IIrc the shield size isn't tooltipped correctly when going max mag. So what's your actual shield size in cyro/ bg?
    Currently I'm running higher health and investing into weapon dmg over max mag (CA, RC, balorgh, wild hunt). Without bastion my shield is 8.6k with an 8.9k heal in cp cyro. Still pondering if it's worth to go into max resources.