The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Multiple experts per Character

pfelsted_ESO
Can you have 1 character be a master (highest level) crafter in more than one specialty. For example 50 woodwork, 50 Blacksmith, 50 enchanter?
  • Praetor1
    Praetor1
    Soul Shriven
    Yes you can it would cost 127 skill points to get all the skills of each crafting profession so essentially you could do all crafting on one character.
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Of course bear in mind you don't NEED all the crafting skills... some of them are pure convenience and you can live without them and still create the best gear.
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you can and I am aiming for that.
    I go with the main character who is woodworker, blacksmithing and clothier at the same time. With all the online skill calculators (I like this one: http://esohead.com/calculator/skills) I came up with a 150 points build which perfectly fits my playstyle, allows my favourite role for groups (healer, and there are some decent dps skills for solo as well) and so far I did not see a reason to change my plan. Since there are in total 320 skill points in the game, I suspect that I will level the remaining professions on the same character eventually. For now I have two alts which take care of cooking and other stuff.
  • achillescubelub17_ESO
    on the matter of the skill points, do any of you know whether we are able to reallocate them later in the game? i haven't played any type of mmo like this where you actually have to worry about not being able to max everything out in a very long time and didn't think about it at all when i first started playing and just sort of dabbled in everything
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    on the matter of the skill points, do any of you know whether we are able to reallocate them later in the game? i haven't played any type of mmo like this where you actually have to worry about not being able to max everything out in a very long time and didn't think about it at all when i first started playing and just sort of dabbled in everything

Yes, you can reset all the points for the ingame gold. 100 gold per 1 skill point used (you reset all at once, so at the very end if you manage to collect all 320 points the reset will cost 32 000 gold.) The first shrine I know of is in the main city of the second large area of your alliance. Following quests you should be there around level 15-18.

Remember, that you keep the progress in every skill line and every skill (if you could morph it before the respec, you can after the respec as well). I make all my early builds with that in mind. Most of the low level skills which I am leveling to morphing now will be abandoned at lvl18 and instead I will keep only the skills I want to use further.
  • pfelsted_ESO
    Wow great community! Thanks for the responses. This means my main pvp/pve character can also be my main crafter. Which I prefer. Woot!
  • RPGDad
    RPGDad
    ✭✭
    I have been playing three characters with two crafting skills each and I have found them to be starving for skill points. I'm not sure how anyone is doing more than two crafting skills per toon. I've recently rolled three more alts in a plan to further distribute crafting skills and free up more skill points but upon closer examination this is proving to be even less efficient. Please tell me how you're doing this or post your current builds on ESOHead's Skill Calculator, thanks!