The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How viable is PVP for leveling to 50 ?

RoyalPain
RoyalPain
I was leveling from PVP the last couple days, and was having a ball, when I died id run back and turn in quests gave me something to do because nobody uses soul stones in PVP yet... so it was a rinse wash repeat, but I was being rewarded so it wasn't so bad... Now that this reward is gone and now with very little xp given for leveling from kills is it viable now?
  • Swiftly
    Swiftly
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately it isn't viable at all... and never really was unless you set up kill trading which is what got the 20 kill quest nerfed to a daily.
    Edited by Swiftly on April 2, 2014 6:17PM
    Options
  • RoyalPain
    RoyalPain
    I dunno if your talking about bridge fighting thats a choke point which keeps red from going into yellow and hitting that keep so defending that bridge becomes very important.... remove the deadly fish and go around would have solved that.... Games patching by the way.....
    Edited by RoyalPain on April 2, 2014 6:18PM
    Options
  • dbonifaci_ESO
    dbonifaci_ESO
    ✭✭
    Bait and Switch from Zenimax. They just made any type of leveling progression via pvp obsolete. I wouldn't have purchased this game if you couldn't level through pvp.
    Options
  • Zythos
    Zythos
    ✭✭
    Yeah, with the change to the PvP kill quest, it's pointless to try and level. Taking resources and keeps give some, but no where near the huge huge time sink.

Bottom line is this quest needs to be repeatable.

If this change is going to be made, the campaigns should be reset on 4/4 or the change implemented after the current campaign ends.

Not only does it give no hope to anyone seeking to reach Emperor that switched campaigns because one was overflowing with your Alliance. This is the biggest problem I see, as anyone attempting to catch up now has almost no hope, unless the top people all stop playing. some are 250-300k Alliance Points and it'd be impossible to reach, let allow pass that with this being a daily quest. It's just extremely unwise to change something so impactful to the game once it's in use for multiple days. This quest wasn't a bug, it was working as intended for the beta weekends, PTS and Live, a sudden change is unwarranted and unwise.

It also restricts the resources to repair, provide siege equipment and buy new equipment from the vendors. I have no want to buy siege equipment or help repair as the rewards for doing so are so minor to the cost, when I could upgrade equipment.

Unfortunately, any tweaking to it will upset someone in community that didn't get to use it like everyone else has. It's caused afk'ers and suiciders, but at least they come back. Making it 40 or even 1000 wouldn't make no difference, cause the rewards would still scale and people would just suicide less often. It's bad enough they took /stuck out of Cyrodiil where I've been legitimately stuck twice already, thank goodness you can teleport to another campaign then back to yours as a workaround.

I've been a huge advocate for TESO and got all my friends to play, and even with this seeming not so groundbreaking to the game, it's the wrong time to do the change.

And of course, though it's minor impact, I'm strongly considering canceling my Imperial Edition, especially one that is so gamebreaking to me. A game I've been waiting so long for since announcement, especially being a player of DAoC and WAR for many years.
    Dunmer Dragonknight - Wabbajack
    Options