The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Did the Update Make People Tankier?

ItsNotLiving
ItsNotLiving
✭✭✭✭
I’ve been scouring the patch notes again and I can’t find anything but since the update came out it seems like nobody is taking damage. I’m running 23k pen and ~8k spell damage on a Templar and it just felt like nobody took damage at all.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been scouring the patch notes again and I can’t find anything but since the update came out it seems like nobody is taking damage. I’m running 23k pen and ~8k spell damage on a Templar and it just felt like nobody took damage at all.

Templar life right now, even with those numbers it's hard to deal any meaningful DMG outside of beam..
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Templar life right now, even with those numbers it's hard to deal any meaningful DMG outside of beam..

Doesn’t help that everyone is on a bash build right now so even if I do get them low beam is auto bashed.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields got a pretty substantial buff through Major and Minor Mending major and minor Vitality now adding to their strength and Defile got a nerf, so you end up with a situation where healing and shields are in a synergistic relationship basically always, and there is no legit counter play.
    Edited by TybaltKaine on March 14, 2024 2:55PM
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs got a disgustingly overtuned survivability buff, and all shields now benefit from Vitality. Shields are also nerfed by Defile now, but defile is typically less common than Vitality. The values of Defile were also brought down, making them less appealing despite affecting shields now.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs got a disgustingly overtuned survivability buff, and all shields now benefit from Vitality. Shields are also nerfed by Defile now, but defile is typically less common than Vitality. The values of Defile were also brought down, making them less appealing despite affecting shields now.

the value of major defile was reduced, minor defile is still the same 6% value (they just changed it from affecting hp recov to shields)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because sorcs finally got a survivability buff (that's not just more running away) so they're no longer the easy first target that they used to be.

Templar also just needs better upfront damage to help get people into beams execute range.
  • VinnyGambini
    VinnyGambini
    ✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    Because sorcs finally got a survivability buff (that's not just more running away) so they're no longer the easy first target that they used to be.

Templar also just needs better upfront damage to help get people into beams execute range.

So sorcs had best dmg, best mobility, but crappy survivability. Now they have best dmg, best mobility and best survivability. Any weak points? NONE?

It's blatantly obvious that sorc is now the strongest class, and it's ridiclously OP.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For every sorc living the dream with the healy shields, one is also running 20k health and forgetting to shield at the wrong time.

You'll never close out a 1v1 against one who's paying attention and has the sustain to spam it, but I think there's been an uptick in gibbable sorcerers this week because of the safety this tool provides when it's used to the fullest.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »

So sorcs had best dmg, best mobility, but crappy survivability. Now they have best dmg, best mobility and best survivability. Any weak points? NONE?

It's blatantly obvious that sorc is now the strongest class, and it's ridiclously OP.

NB has always and still has the best damage in the game, bar none. DK still has very high damage as does arc and wardens are definitely not lacking there either (except in PvE).

NB, DK, Warden and Arc all have insane survivability, rotating between them whichever was the highest depending on the minor buff/nerf cycle of each of them.

NB has the best mobility in the game, sorc is somewhat close, but NB always pulls here ahead because it just has that mobility innately while sorc has to actively use it with its massive ramping cost and many active bugs.
    Mobility in general has also been increased an insane amount over the past few years, anyone saying a class cannot be mobile just doesn't know how to build for it. I've seen full tank DKs, Plars and even Necros that still have full damage, insane survivability and can chase down fleeing sorcs like it was nothing, pressuring the sorc the whole time and these are supposed to be immobile classes.

Sorc just joined the ranks of every class that's not current Plar (lacking damage outside of beam/ranged build) and necro (lacking everything but survivability).

Plar had its time right before U35 or 36 where PotL was so stupid OP that plar was pressing 1 button 3 times to kill people (I think it was bugged), but it could definitely see some improvements/fixes.
    Necro needs the devs to sort out what they want from the class and stick to that direction for the class (and listen to feedback of Necro mains).

ZOS has stated countless times now that their vision for the game is that any class can perform any role and quite frankly outside of necro, now any class can do that (although with plar it is only 1 build that gets real damage outside of beam in PvP).

I also understand where comments like yours are coming from and quite frankly its just rude and selfish. People like you just miss the fact that sorcs (that don't just run for their lives) being the "easy kill". Every other class has been and continues to be allowed to have everything at once (even necro before the nerfs to synergies/boneyard), so let sorc have its turn.

FYI, NB is still stronger than sorc, NB also got insane buffs last patch not only to its already best damage, but to its survivability, it's GCD efficiency, its sustain and its healing. NB is the complete package, has been for much longer than sorc, and got even more buffs on top of that, but sure, lets just ignore all of that.
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear I meant that everyone seemed to take less damage not just sorcs, I played on a warden and after a while I just gave up on PvP because every fight was a stalemate.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hardened Ward. Sorcs have a crazy combo of best mobility and incredible shields.

I'm running 10.7k pen (with PotL Sundered) pen and ~5.9k spell damage (with Major Sorcery, Minor Sorcery) on my Stamplar and able to get kills...except against Sorcs running Hardened Ward, which is all of the ones who can read a tooltip.

I do find overall that incoming damage pressure on my Stamplar (37k Health, 29.5k frontbar armor) seems higher in Update 41 compared to Update 40.
    Edited by taugrim on March 14, 2024 10:19PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just need to get necro and templar up to speed now
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Just need to get necro and templar up to speed now

Agreed, plar wouldn't need much, make it easier to reach the damage cap of PotL so it can actually burst for 12-15k tooltip again just like other classes delayed burst abilities and perhaps look into giving jabs a bit more damage back that it lost from having the 4th tick removed.

Necro just needs a complete overhaul though. Have to see what necro mains want here, but one common thing I've seen is necro doesn't seem to feel like a traditional necromancer at all (raising armies of corpses/undead to fight for you), but ZOS also just took away the most important ability that does that (stalking blast bones) so I have zero idea what ZOS has in mind for necro at this point.
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear I meant that everyone seemed to take less damage not just sorcs, I played on a warden and after a while I just gave up on PvP because every fight was a stalemate.

RIght now cyro feels like, stalemate into everybody you can see, and while you're stalemate, you die to a nightblade gank lol

Good stuff.
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Giljabrar wrote: »

RIght now cyro feels like, stalemate into everybody you can see, and while you're stalemate, you die to a nightblade gank lol

Good stuff.

It’s funny because I ran a frost warden with a lot of success last patch and ran the exact same build nothing changed except for a 50% buff to Northern Storm and I suddenly cannot kill anyone which makes me think there’s something bugged with that game. Maybe something’s broken or maybe it’s a skill issue who knows anymore.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Giljabrar wrote: »

Good stuff.

Honestly, I think a big part of it is just simply down to the following:
    1. People tanking up to survive NB ganks/bombs.
    2. Arcanist group shields becoming extremely prevalent.

NBs have gotten far too many buffs and are everywhere now. This also happened the last time NB was everywhere in PvP, everyone tanked up because dying in 1 second at any time from an enemy that you cannot see until its too late is just not fun for players, so naturally they are going to tank up as much as possible to survive that situation (or at least give them a chance to).
    Arcanists have also compounded this because they have group shields that effectively raise the health cap even further while the shields are active and its been around long enough for the wider player base to have learnt about this.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t help that everyone is on a bash build right now so even if I do get them low beam is auto bashed.

Have we met in BG? I encounter other bash users no more than once a week. It's often too late against execution due to desync.
    Edited by moo_2021 on March 16, 2024 7:09PM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damage dealer Sorcs face tanking multiples with 1 button spam.

Incap gankers hitting much harder, dunno why that of all things needed a buff.

Other than that, the same for me.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps