The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Previewing owned costumes in collectibles doesn't show dyes

Marronsuisse
Marronsuisse
✭✭✭
When I'm in my collections, if I preview a costume (either by left clicking with the mouse, or with the keyboard prompt), it shows the original dyes the costume came with, rather than the colours I've dyed it with.

Equipping the costume properly displays the dyes I've chosen.

Not the end of the world, since all my dyes are still there if I equip the costumes, but it was much nicer to be able to preview all my costumes with the dyes I've chosen for them!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    that doesn't seem like a bug at all to me.

costumes have always had their default appearance when previewed from the Crown Store or Runeboxes
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    that doesn't seem like a bug at all to me.

costumes have always had their default appearance when previewed from the Crown Store or Runeboxes

I said this happens when looking through the Collections menu.

Before U41 costumes would show the dyes you chose for them when looking at them in your Collections menu.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i know you mentioned collections, but you're talking about previewing.

previewing costumes in collections is a new feature. so it works just like how you preview costumes in other ways.

costumes show the dyes you chose when you equip them.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    i know you mentioned collections, but you're talking about previewing.

previewing costumes in collections is a new feature. so it works just like how you preview costumes in other ways.

costumes show the dyes you chose when you equip them.

Oh, thank you, you're absolutely right. I was looking through some old screenshots and saw that there didn't used to be a "preview" prompt, just a "set active" prompt.

I guess in the past to preview a costume I just equipped it. Which I forgot because they took away the "equip costume" animation... although that seems to be back now. I swear, the tiny incremental changes make me doubt my sanity sometimes ;)

Anyway yeah, I guess the new preview function is probably working as intended.