The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Infinite Archive Keeps Resetting when I leave for too long

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
Kind of annoying that whenever I do other things that my infinite archive runs keep resetting for some reason, even though I've not touched the hourglass.

Anyone know a workaround to this?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It resets after about 5 minutes or so. You need to go back in for it to not reset
    Soupy twist
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was designed to do this, no? Or do you mean you haven’t left the Index or logged off either and yet the run resets? I had thought you could be in the Index indefinitely (although I’ve never tried this), even as you can wait in a wing after defeating or before spawning the maligraphies.

What are you doing when the Archive resets?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The hourglass is for an immediate reset so you can run back-to-back with no delay. But if you leave IA for more than about 5 minutes, the instance gets deleted by server to free up resources. IA is intended to be run in a single uninterrupted sitting. I wish it was more lenient, so that I could eat lunch or walk the dog. But the marathon aspect of it is part of design, unfortunately.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the workaround is to not leave.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended. It was the subject of *many* complaints and requests for a save feature or something. But it seems like ZoS thinks this is the gaming experience people actually want.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know many people want a save feature but as this is endurance-based content it's likely not happening. It's not what you want to hear but considering the rewards don't change beyond amount of fortunes you earn, if you aren't willing or able to fulfill the endurance part of the content, you don't really lose much by starting over repeatedly.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I would say you do lose out because arc 1 and 2 are extremely boring (and for players better than me, probably even arc 3). Many were looking to run IA for a challenge, not an overland-type snooze fest. I agree that it seems unlikely that they're going to add a save feature, and imo that means this content will be abandoned by many due to boredom. It's kind of like forcing people to run the normal version of a dungeon or arena first every time they want to do vet. Imo it's the biggest design flaw of IA.

I mean it's fine that the leaderboard / endurance aspect of it exists for people who are seeking that experience. But that's not realistic for a lot of people, who may have jobs and responsibilities in the real world; or health concerns with sitting in front of the computer for hours without the ability to take a significant break (something I would not recommend doing).

You can already see the results of this. So few people are running it most weeks that I regularly get on the solo leaderboard just by finishing arc 1. I guess I'm just trying to make the point that it had the potential to have a much wider appeal than it does.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on March 14, 2024 2:35PM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    I know many people want a save feature but as this is endurance-based content it's likely not happening. It's not what you want to hear but considering the rewards don't change beyond amount of fortunes you earn, if you aren't willing or able to fulfill the endurance part of the content, you don't really lose much by starting over repeatedly.

Might simply just be happenstance that most collectible items have dropped for me end of arc 2 and onward, but I’m almost positive it follows the trend of every other piece of content in the game: harder difficulties give better rewards, the escalating fortunes mirror that as well.

Do drop rates for the style pages, collectible fragments, leads, etc. Not increase in the later acts too?

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    It resets after about 5 minutes or so. You need to go back in for it to not reset

this

if you have another person in the group though, they can "hold" the instance open for you by staying in there, its much harder for it to reset if you do it in 2 person group
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »

Might simply just be happenstance that most collectible items have dropped for me end of arc 2 and onward, but I’m almost positive it follows the trend of every other piece of content in the game: harder difficulties give better rewards, the escalating fortunes mirror that as well.

Do drop rates for the style pages, collectible fragments, leads, etc. Not increase in the later acts too?

its pretty consistent RNG

i did a simple arc 1 run the other day and got 3 of the 5 leads for the new mythic

ive also been on long runs where i got nothing of value, so the drops are very RNG
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »

its pretty consistent RNG

i did a simple arc 1 run the other day and got 3 of the 5 leads for the new mythic

ive also been on long runs where i got nothing of value, so the drops are very RNG

Huh.

Well I've been wasting my time making builds for that content then.

Good to know.