The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I made a new (and dare I say better) character select screen.

C_Inside
C_Inside
✭✭✭
Considering the aggressively mixed response the new character select screen has received I took it upon myself to design a better one. What do you folks think?
pcfdfqkx5kl0.png

I made a new (and dare I say better) character select screen. 102 votes

Yes, I like it and would rather this be the new character select screen
19%
1mirgSotha_SilkojouUlvichCP5CenturionExplorerpeter1488XozemilyhyoyeonBenTSGJonesFPShiziumSketchyACamaroGuyGreenRusBearAdremalRed7WerewolfGalifernoamig186erdYrrson 20 votes
No, I like the current character select screen
59%
vailjohn_ESOacastanza_ESOBelegnoledaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOsarahvhoffb14_ESODanikatnwilliams2107b16_ESOAlienSlofkwisatzAektannElvenheartCave_CanemxyrynxSironayVulsahdaalMyrnhielbbrown0770Azrael_1976AcadianPaladinSilverIce58 61 votes
Obligatory "other" option
20%
qwaurckSilverBrideTandorValarMorghulis1896XoelarasizererMrGarlicCatagamiHamish999TatankoAbyssDragon_2115ArchangelIsraphelMelivarMageCatF4FTaggundoldbobdudemoo_2021Tallon_IVg0thiCiCecReaMaruthandysTheMajority 21 votes
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esoppenheimer
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    It looks just fine. Just not sure if it is against game rules. It is my understanding players can't edit the game unless it is an addon. Players have been banned for creating their own content or using other means to enhance the game that are not addons. Just stating facts.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    funny
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Aerin
    Aerin
    ✭✭✭
    Better???

zfxx57q4akd9.gif
  • JonesFPS
    JonesFPS
    ✭✭✭
    obviously better this is outstanding art :)
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really do be like that smh smh
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I'm trying to be mean. But it looks like your character's cooking skill went too far.
    That cauldron of stew shouldn't have been heat so much, especially with lid closed tightly.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahaha not what I was expecting OP, nice one :lol: I like it but only for patch days :wink:
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    brighter please
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a difference
    PC EU
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    a couple more explosions needed, especially one behind where the mount would be
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful work but it doesn't mean anything to me that relates to ESO. I like the current screen and it does tie well to the game. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • aruthandys
    aruthandys
    ✭✭
    Given the response to the existing player select screen I think this mash up is amazing.
  • g0thiCiCecReaM
    Cool Guys Don't Look At Explosions
  • C_Inside
    C_Inside
    ✭✭✭
    It looks just fine. Just not sure if it is against game rules. It is my understanding players can't edit the game unless it is an addon. Players have been banned for creating their own content or using other means to enhance the game that are not addons. Just stating facts.

I didn't modify any game files. I just took a screenshot of the character select screen and did some meme magic in Photoshop.. It's all good. :)
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's with the nuclear bomb and the planes??? :wink:

(I know this post is tongue in cheek. :smile: )
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fallout 76 forums are down the hall.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guys I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with this new character background.

I followed a tutorial I found online called "How Not To Be Seen" to avoid being blown up and now all I see on my log in screen is three shrubberies. Please advise????

Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on March 14, 2024 2:41PM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of either. Yours kind of looks more like fallout 76 than ESO.
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like something like this for an anniversary gift:

ivv4suhfahye.png
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IDK, it seems to be out of place - it is not obnoxiously bright enough to fit in with the current art direction of the game.
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it but the atomic flash should be brighter. :D
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP I like the Megadeth vibe your screen gives off. Unfortunately, there's no situation I could imagine where those horrid colors would actually seem pleasant and welcoming.

MageCatF4F wrote: »

ivv4suhfahye.png

Yes, this is the best background that they have made. Just another example of the inability to leave well enough alone. It would be nice to have a choice. Or at least make it available as a "custom" background we can use our Seals of Endeavor on.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • TheMajority
    TheMajority
    ✭✭✭
    3 bean burrito will do that to you
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    PCNA
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    C_Inside wrote: »

I didn't modify any game files. I just took a screenshot of the character select screen and did some meme magic in Photoshop.. It's all good. :)

Wow it looks like it is from the actual game. You did this with Photoshop? Excellent job.
    Guys I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with this new character background.

I followed a tutorial I found online called "How Not To Be Seen" to avoid being blown up and now all I see on my log in screen is three shrubberies. Please advise????

Sounds like you picked up a computer virus that got past your antivirus software. If that is the case I would scan the entire PC. It may be able to be removed. If not and this is a virus the only other way is a clean installation of windows. You can do that by having the computer Reset found in Settings. Set it to clean the hard drive and wipe everything. It takes a few hours but when done the problem will be gone. Of course you will have to download the game again and anything else you use. Youtube tutorial videos are not always safe.
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on March 14, 2024 6:33PM
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why this made me laugh LOL

What I'd really like is a selection to pick from, ideally for each character
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the official one would be ok if it was toned down a bit.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MageCatF4F wrote: »

ivv4suhfahye.png

Right in the feels, man I miss that first one.