The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do I get if I sub for a month?

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
I have assumptions, but I figured I'd ask here. My (passing) thought is sub for a month...do all I can, then cancel for a while. Is this kosher or no? Thanks for any insight.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can sub for a month and cancel, and for that month, you will get access to all DLC included in ESO+, special deals, and also 1650 Crowns.

And the crafting bag, storing all your crafting materials.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you....as I understand it, DLC != to chapters though correct?
    Edited by DigiAngel on March 12, 2024 9:26PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of folks do that, or alternatively wait for the times there's a free trial week of ESO+. It's fine. Be sure to use the outfit station to dye your costumes too! Chapters are DLC a year after release - so in June for instance, Necrom will become DLC.
    Edited by TaSheen on March 12, 2024 9:27PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did enjoy the free trial for stuff in the craft bag. Ok....well...maybe I'll give this a go soon :)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »

a chapter becomes DLC after a year

so if you subbed right now, the only chapter that would not be included would be necrom

if you sub after the gold road chapter release, then necrom would be included in ESO+
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant..just what I needed thanks all!
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you sub now, you can also claim the deluxe bundle for the new dungeon DLC. That's also something to consider...
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • DigiAngel
      DigiAngel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thanks @Kendaric!
    • Wolf_Eye
      Wolf_Eye
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You also get double bank space and double housing furnishing placements in your home. Double transmute crystal storage. 10% increase to gold, exp, reduction to crafting research.

And the ability to dye costumes (note, costumes are different from motifs. You can always dye motifs as much as you like through the outfit system without Plus).
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      If you're into crafting, the craft bag is worth it imo. Most other benefits are OK. Game could be played with/without them and not a whole lot would change.
    • LaintalAy
      LaintalAy
      ✭✭✭
      I did enjoy the free trial for stuff in the craft bag. Ok....well...maybe I'll give this a go soon :)

When you are NOT subscribed and you decon items, the mats go into your inventory, not the craft bag. Stuff in the bag will remain there and are usable. You need to manage your gameplay around this. So, don't farm, just play.

You also need to go into your account and cancel the auto-charge for your subscription.

Good luck with your craft-bag addiction.
      PC EU
      UTC+10:30

seasons will pass you by
    • LaintalAy
      LaintalAy
      ✭✭✭
      and your bank and inventory will halve in size...
      PC EU
      UTC+10:30

seasons will pass you by
    • DigiAngel
      DigiAngel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thanks @LaintalAy ...yea I liked the whole craft bag thing when I did the trial, but after that no big deal. Truth be told only half my storage is full right now...I'm not really the hoarding type I guess :)
    • Faulgor
      Faulgor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I plan to sub for a month in about 2 weeks, shortly before the offer of the free Scions of Ithelia DLC runs out, so I hopefully still have the craft bag during the anniversary event next month, which usually runs to about the 3rd week of April.

Can't do crafting dailies on 20 chars without a craft bag lol.
      Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
      Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    • Wolf_Eye
      Wolf_Eye
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Faulgor wrote: »
      I plan to sub for a month in about 2 weeks, shortly before the offer of the free Scions of Ithelia DLC runs out, so I hopefully still have the craft bag during the anniversary event next month, which usually runs to about the 3rd week of April.

I am so sorry, but I just wanted to make sure. You know that the free DLC for plus only has a two week time period, correct (presumably that means it ends around the 24th and is no longer available on the 25th)? I just wanted to give you the head's up that it probably will not be free anymore past those two weeks.

Unless I completely misunderstood your comment and you meant that you would sub in a little less than 2 weeks from now? I just wanted to warn you, just in case you were not aware. I know how painful it is to just miss out on something by a hair's margin.
    • Faulgor
      Faulgor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wolf_Eye wrote: »

I am so sorry, but I just wanted to make sure. You know that the free DLC for plus only has a two week time period, correct (presumably that means it ends around the 24th and is no longer available on the 25th)? I just wanted to give you the head's up that it probably will not be free anymore past those two weeks.

Unless I completely misunderstood your comment and you meant that you would sub in a little less than 2 weeks from now? I just wanted to warn you, just in case you were not aware. I know how painful it is to just miss out on something by a hair's margin.

Yes, that's what I meant with "subbing shortly before the offer runs out". The offer still lasts for 12 days, so I'll probably sub then or a day before.
      Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
      Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    • Wolf_Eye
      Wolf_Eye
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wolf_Eye wrote: »

Yes, that's what I meant with "subbing shortly before the offer runs out". The offer still lasts for 12 days, so I'll probably sub then or a day before.

Understood. My apologies.
    • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
      p_tsakirisb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭

If you activate ESO+ right now, you get access to all DLCs. In addition you get access to all Chapters except Necrom.
      Also you receive 1650 crowns and you can claim the new DLC just released this week for free.