The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Applied Styles to armor/weapon slots in outfit disappear

dadVibez
dadVibez
Soul Shriven
This has now happened to me on two different characters, the first happened after a bg ended while I was dead, I left the bg and and was still dead. I used a soul gem and noticed my appearance was not the outfit I had applied. I /reloadui and nothing changed. I went to an outfit station and the slots appeared to have the specific styles for each armor/weapon slot I had saved for my outfit. I /reloadui again and still nothing. I use the outfit station again and everything was no longer applied.

The second time this occurred I accepted a bg queue and ended up stuck in the loading screen. It eventually timed out and I was logged out with the error along the lines of "lost connection to lobby". I log back in, and in the character select it looks like my outfit is applied like normal. Once loaded, my character was dead and styles no longer applied. I did not go to an outfit station this time but tried logging out. I log out and in the character selection screen my character no longer has the applied styles from my outfit.

I'm out over 16k gold now, and when I submitted a ticket I was told to submit a bug ticket which was immediately closed so I opened another which was flagged as duplicate. I have lost currency in the past due to bugs and was told to kick rocks, seems like a counter intuitive customer service policy but ok. If this is standard that's outlined somewhere in writing I would appreciate a link so I can lower my expectations.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is current issue. Just happened to me. Crashed during a dungeon my group completed it while my character was dead. When logged back in all my outfits were reset. But names of the outfit and colors picked for the body pieces and weapons are still intact.
  • Natakiro
    Natakiro
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, just had this happen to me, too! Logged in and my styles look completely wrong. Game crashed multiple times before maintenance (within the 30 minutes before it was scheduled..) reloaded and I was dead. But AWWWW, I dont recall what I had set for everything, part wise 😫Gonna be annoying to waste gold restyling everything...already spent around 28k redoing it.
    Edited by Natakiro on March 13, 2024 10:10PM
    PC-NA | Play on Desktop, Steam Deck, VR via vorpX