The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Suggestion: changeable character selection screen background and light

NeoniKa
NeoniKa
✭✭✭
I've read many players who, like me, are disappointed with the new character selection screen. Without any incentive, I understand that it will take a year before a new change is made with the risk of obtaining another undesirable result. So, I was just thinking that it might be an opportunity to include the access to changeable character selection screen backgrounds and lighting in the crown store. At least I'm open to pay crowns for an old selection screen background with proper white lighting that would give us a cleaner and more accurate preview of our characters' style and colors.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d love to be able to choose between past character select screens like we can select login music.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I’d love to be able to choose between past character select screens like we can select login music.

Yes. That would be perfect and make everybody happy. :smile:
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    People in this forum are far too comfortable offering to pay ZoS to implement really quite unremarkable features. Do you enjoy being a whale or seomthing?
    PC EU
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭✭
    People in this forum are far too comfortable offering to pay ZoS to implement really quite unremarkable features. Do you enjoy being a whale or seomthing?

I'm just suggesting something absolutely optional with no impact in the game play. Just for players like me, who want to use that screen to accurately preview their characters. Now that's impossible because everything is yellow. And most probably we will never get again a character selection screen with a proper lighting for that effect unless we are willing to support their work creating a changeable background and light. I really want it, and it's hard for me to believe that they'll do it for free. But maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.