The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Ranged MAG Blade Cruse IS BROKEN! Now a full ranged 110K build

hypnoticbeast
Yep! You read that right my fellow shadow fiends!!! As of this update we have a viable 100k+ ranged build for the Mag blade. Let's call it the Broken Cruse Build. Below is my CMX from the 11th. I spent the rest of the day in content with this build to see if would work in a vet environment. After 5 random vet dungeons 3 of which where DLC this build held it's own. Only minor drawback is it is a little risky if your healer is not good at their job. I am not the best weaver and I have no doubt that better players then I will get higher numbers. Please post them so we can see what this build can do.afs1lz1ot0hb.png
s6neel9ki83s.png
20yj5bpuruxp.png
Edited by hypnoticbeast on March 16, 2024 2:03AM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do much better if you use spec bow more that 8 times. I'd not use Hunter's Venom myself, Pillar of Nirn or Aegis Caller could do more here but if its works for you then its fine. 100k on sort of no-meta setup with no spectral bows on a nightblade not using Concealed/Surprise is impressive in itself.

Also this is not 100% range build if you are using blackrose DW on backbar. You can push higher without hugging enemy requirement if you replace DW backbar for Venom Bow and put Blackrose Bow frontbar and use Magnum Shot every 10s from a distance for maximum duration.
    Options
  • hypnoticbeast
    Thank you so much! I use the daggers for the 6% dps and execute bonus. Since the Bow now does a 5% dps at less then 15 meters and combined with the 6% from the daggers makes a Poorman's Major Berserk with a 11% damage that you don't have to work for. Most targets get dropped before they get to me and if they don't drop, they get shrapnel to the face at execute damage and then drop. I was working to make a build that did not focus on Exploiter. Since the spam I am using drops all three stat effect and procing Exploiter with venom arrow is kind of hard, so I went with thaumaturge. It worked out to be a more consistent damage output at 17%. With Exploiter it can get to 21% but you need an interrupt to do it. I figured that 4% was not worth the hassle. Also, Venomous and Nirn do the same amount of damage give or take, it just depends on which hits last. The most I have seen them apart in dps is between 2,500-5k and again that is on which hits last. Aegis does not do as well it does not proc enough on a bow build. And the new extended timer on InCap now allows for 2 Spec bow shots per use if you're rotation is on point. It shows 8 uses that where all shot at 120 (12 sec)which is now at 30% not 20% and they did NOT fix the timer on the 70 ulti (8sec) and I can only get one or two more proc's in with the 70 and it never comes out over 100k. This is just the first version of this build. I plan on a Maelstrom bow and lighting staff on the back bar tomorrow. This build is best used in STACK formation runs. I got to 22% damage on Zamaza in a VCR+2 I was just over 90K if memory serves correct. One more thing. How do I use Trap with a bow that I need to stay away from the target to use? The new Hemo stat is way too powerful to lose and Channeled Excelleration just will not cut it. I will post the other two Parce tomorrow.
    Options
  • hypnoticbeast
    @robpr I took your advice and made some changes and broke 110k!!! I did it with a double bow build, Maelstom to be exact. I can't post any Pics for some odd reason. So here is a Link to the pics for any party's interested in trying it out.
    https://eso-hub.com/storage/uploads/build-editor/Pg03Ppa4PcafxO4RIJXH4spMflOFIGOJMy6ld6ZB.webp

https://eso-hub.com/storage/uploads/build-editor/xRMLaspWT3bR6tD3WgfLFCchdhTiZ2f90grovPul.webp
    Options
  • Provin915
    Provin915
    ✭✭✭
    @robpr I took your advice and made some changes and broke 110k!!! I did it with a double bow build, Maelstom to be exact. I can't post any Pics for some odd reason. So here is a Link to the pics for any party's interested in trying it out.
    https://eso-hub.com/storage/uploads/build-editor/Pg03Ppa4PcafxO4RIJXH4spMflOFIGOJMy6ld6ZB.webp

https://eso-hub.com/storage/uploads/build-editor/xRMLaspWT3bR6tD3WgfLFCchdhTiZ2f90grovPul.webp

Got any more setups? Been playing NB bow/bow since I started this game. Unfortunately, the DPS isn't the greatest atm. I'm gonna try this build out
    Options
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well this is a little bit of cheezing with frenzy. Try to parse without it and then post numbers. A lot of guilds won't accept parses with it.
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
    Options
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sad that your DPS is so low.
    Arcanist has much higher DPS and AoE damage.
    While NB is battling tendonitis in his fingers, Arcanist can enjoy some tea time and play DPS.
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This looks so scuffed. I can reach 91k using Moondancer, the BIS from 2017. Why use a bow? And why use dual wield when you're ranged? I'm glad its working for you but it's highly unnecessary. If I had better gear I could easily parse 100k as a ranged magblade without all the weirdness.

r03abkwgnuab.png
    Edited by NyassaV on March 26, 2024 9:04PM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that its supposed to be play your way, but using a bow and daggers on a magblade just doesn't sit well with me...
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
    Options
  • hypnoticbeast
    I forgot to post the new Parce. To answer the reason for a bow is I hate close range. And oddly a Dagger build does not do well with Elemental weapon. But the above parce shows that the equipment and CP and build where not set right as well as this toon does not apper to be a Vampire which is needed for this build to work.atfx5d6fwpai.png
    k3s8yhypqduz.png Note I did not realize my Thaumaturge was not set to 50 so I could have broke past 110 if it was. As for Frenzy I can't seem to get past 103-106k without it. 106 was my best until this new parse. The whole point of it was to add POWER to a class that does 90% of its DPS through crit. So more power was needed. And a w/s power level of over 6550 (I believe) to get into the upper DPS range and Frenzy gets you way past that. My first version of this build use Molag Kena but that was way too much work to keep magika up with it even after the resource fix. The New changes to InCap allowed for 2 shots per use with the new extended timer. Note the second: Dark Elves May still need two pieces of light armor for resource management. I have yet to MAG out now after the fix. I will post more on that after I make a Med ZAAN helm and parse at Pen cap. Try the updated build it is way smoother and fluid to use.

Edited by hypnoticbeast on April 16, 2024 2:05AM
    Options
  • hypnoticbeast
    Provin915 wrote: »

Got any more setups? Been playing NB bow/bow since I started this game. Unfortunately, the DPS isn't the greatest atm. I'm gonna try this build out

I am working on a staff build. Once this crisis with the servers is done and the test is back up I am going to do some scribing and see if I can tweak a staff build that has Minor sorcery. If what the Scribing video showed is what we are getting, then we can set a skill that give the MagNB back Minor sorcery will keep the spell Crit right where it is and a bow will be optional. Also I forgot to post the potion. I use a essence of Spell CRIT. (Bugloss/Lady's Smock/Water Hyacinth) Not Essence of Spell Power. The reason for this is so I don't lose 20% of my LA damage by using a ESP potion. I will lose Major Brute and 20% to said bows. Now with Minor Sorc being an option a fully equipped dual staff crit mage is now a possibility again. Which means your Staff LA will have the same Crit Chance bonus as your bows. The only draw back I see to a Dual staff is losing the 36% dps bump I get to Poison Injection and Endless Hail from Hawkeye and Thaumaturge. (I only had 33% at time of parce) If you are wondering what I mean. Hawkeye gives a ramping dps stack bump of 5% for every LA up to 5 stacks for 5 seconds for your BOW ATTACKS I.E. "Poison Injection and Endless Hail". If you are using dual bows Hawkeye is always up because all your LA are coming from a BOW. Now if you are within 15 meters increase all your Bow DPS by 5% (Vinedusk). That puts you at 30% damage for all your bow skills. And since BOTH skills used in this build are DOTs. Thaum adds 6% to that as well hence 36%. Making the P.I execute dps hit at 186% not 150%. Daggers do not offer that much up front DPS to their skills and most of it is in Execute anyway. And the DPS bonus for Dual daggers comes from a 2hand on the back for using Carve and constant use of CW. This build can't use exploiter unless it's using dual Lighting staffs. The 12% dps bump to directed attacks combined with exploiter come out to a 22% boost. I am not sure if the concussion dps bonus upgrade will cover the 14% missing dps from using dual staff. FYI this build uses two sources for burning so a fire staff will not be needed.
    Edited by hypnoticbeast on April 16, 2024 5:26PM
    Options