The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Corpses have been bugged for over 6 months now - not consumable.

CameraBeardThePirate
CameraBeardThePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Title. For over 2 major patches now, corpses have been bugged. I've reported this multiple times, including between patch cycles and in a PTS bug report, but it has not been fixed @ZOS_Kevin. Why has this not been fixed or acknowledged yet?

Corpses are showing up as consumable for Necros, Templars, and WWs, but cannot be consumed unless a fresh corpse is added to the pile. This makes it impossible to tell which corpses you can or can't consume, and can very easily get you killed in PvP encounters when you expect to be able to heal from a corpse only to find out you can't interact with it.

This most often happens in Imperial City and Cyrodiil, but occurs in any situation in which someone/something outside of your group kills mobs/characters. It can also happen if a group member kills something while you are far away (out of render distance) - when you catch up with them the corpses will display as consumable but will not be.

This bug has been ignored for at least 6 months now. Please do something about it, or at least acknowledge that this is known. @ZOS_Kevin here's a few of the posts I've made with no response:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/649808/corpses-are-still-bugged-on-necro#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/651434/ (in a comment on first page)

As well as at least 2 in game reports over the past months.
Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on March 12, 2024 2:08PM
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I know I just made this post today, but I've been reporting this bug for months and there's no notion of it even being known by the dev team. It severely hinders necro in any Open World PvP, and hurts Repentance templars and WWs as well.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin please read this thread.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • C_Inside
    C_Inside
    ✭✭✭
    This doesn't just affect pvp btw. It constantly happens in pve as well. I just love it when I see a corpse, place a boneyard on it, only to realize it's not empowered. Or when I aim at a corpse to syphon it only for my character to bug out and waste a GCD and ruin the flow of my rotation.

@ZOS_Kevin Your input would be really appreciated right about now. Here and on all of the other necro threads we've tagged you on.
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I ran into this issue every night in IC during MYM. I'd zone into a district and the place would be littered with corpses, none of which were usable.

Sometimes I'd be kiting a zerg and enter a room and attempt to use some corpses, thinking they were mine from a previous kite, but nope. They were unusable.

This needs to be resolved.
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Yes this happens in pve as well, and is very annoying