The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does Elder Scrolls Online now work on Apple Silicon Macs with U41?

msetten
msetten
✭✭✭✭
The patch notes mention the minimum requirements as being "Model: Mid-2017 Macs and Newer". The patch notes also don't mention Intel only. Does this mean that the Mac client is now working on Apple Silicon Macs? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be awesome, but I am guessing no.
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to know that!
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just took the plunge and installed it on my M2 Pro Mac mini. The first time opening my character the whole system crashed. The second time, I could get into the game, but framerate was only around 50fps with the same settings as I have on my 2017 and Intel Mac running Windows in Bootcamp, which has around 100fps. I tried a few things and at first it seems okay but after a second wayshrine travel, I could no longer zoom in on the map. It zoomed in and the when moving the cursor, it automatically zoomed out. So there is no way to travel to another location. (I did use gamepad mode though as I am mainly a PS5 player).

It seems to work a bit at least, but no way optimised for Apple Silicon Macs and you may experience weird bugs.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    I just took the plunge and installed it on my M2 Pro Mac mini. The first time opening my character the whole system crashed. The second time, I could get into the game, but framerate was only around 50fps with the same settings as I have on my 2017 and Intel Mac running Windows in Bootcamp, which has around 100fps. I tried a few things and at first it seems okay but after a second wayshrine travel, I could no longer zoom in on the map. It zoomed in and the when moving the cursor, it automatically zoomed out. So there is no way to travel to another location. (I did use gamepad mode though as I am mainly a PS5 player).

It seems to work a bit at least, but no way optimised for Apple Silicon Macs and you may experience weird bugs.

That’s unfortunate. 😞
  • Yacomo
    Yacomo
    Soul Shriven
    Well, I am running ESO on an M3 MacBook Pro with an M3 Max and it runs well enough for me; depending on location and especially on amount of players present I see anything between 40 and 90 fps.

I am running it in a window, i.e. with native desktop resolution, with maxed out settings, HBAO etc.

I have MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS=-3 and OCCLUSION_CULLING_ENABLED=1 and a few other tweaks in UserSettings.txt.

The game IS poorly optimized, it only utilizes a fraction of the graphics cores available on my machine and even less CPU. On the plus side, the machine only draws about 60W while playing with plenty of other apps open, so it stays cool and quiet.

I only started playing about three months ago and since then the game was pretty stable overall. However, since I started playing, things slowly seem to become worse. Initially I experienced absolutely no crashes. The longer I play, with newer patches, the more crashes I seem to get. And these crashes are strange, the game will simply quit, no error message being displayed, no error log written, no indication what happened. Most of the time it crashes upon loading a zone or when I suspect that there is a lot of load on the server. At times I can play for days without any issue, then the game will crash upon every zone switch attempt.

All in all, I am quite happy that the game even works at all on this machine. However, it would be nice and reassuring if ZOS would commit to at least keep this level of compatibility as long as Rosetta remains part of MacOS.
  • Potrimpo
    Potrimpo
    ✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    The patch notes mention the minimum requirements as being "Model: Mid-2017 Macs and Newer". The patch notes also don't mention Intel only. Does this mean that the Mac client is now working on Apple Silicon Macs? @ZOS_GinaBruno

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/52307

No changes since then.
    Edited by Potrimpo on March 13, 2024 1:02PM