The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Not even ZOS knows what Grave Lord's Sacrifice does.

CameraBeardThePirate
CameraBeardThePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Why even bother going through with a major change to a bread & butter skill at this point?

Not only are you completely gutting Burst necro, but you have blatant misinformation in the patch notes about GLS - in the dev note you claim that this skill allows you to use yourself as a corpse, despite this not being true.

You also claim it buffs all class abilities, and yet it is not buffing Animate Blastbones (edit: apparently this was known, but not included in the Known Issues section because i guess the devs didnt want to communicate)

When people ask for better communication, a good start would be telling the truth in the Patch Notes.
Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on March 11, 2024 3:29PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is pretty crazy. And I've seen a lot in the last 7.5 years of playing this game.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really sad. The developer's treatment of necromancer and its players are unacceptable and honestly unprofessional. First the class set being released broken and now this.

This bug was reported by multiple people during the pts cycle including the forums and not even a single acknowledgment of it. [Snip].

[Edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 13, 2024 6:57PM
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty messed up. We should not have to wait 3 months for this to be rectified.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS is so frustrating with this. This is where communication is key because they could easily just say “we are working on other Necromancer changes but they are in idea and test phases.” Boom, now we can feel at least somewhat okay with such a gut punch that is the BB change. But that didn’t happen so we just have to wait for the chapter to most likely just see more attention paid to Scribing.

ZOS gives me a migraine.
  • Kendric5
    Kendric5
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to use Grave Lord's Sacrifice and it would not allow me to use it then when it did is sucked because by the time the delay was over my target was dead. It also doesn't let me us it sometimes. It needs to be target-less for a buff.

It is worthless to me now!!!!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to follow up here as well. We updated another thread around this issue, but wanted to mirror it here:
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    So a few updates here.

As of U40, Synergies are not considered class abilities. So Graverobber does not interact with GLS.

As for Animate Blastbones. We have this bugged from during the PTS cycle. It was not fix with this update, but the team has the bug documented and is actively working on a fix. When we have timing available, we'll follow up.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to follow up here as well. We updated another thread around this issue, but wanted to mirror it here:
    So a few updates here.

As of U40, Synergies are not considered class abilities. So Graverobber does not interact with GLS.

As for Animate Blastbones. We have this bugged from during the PTS cycle. It was not fix with this update, but the team has the bug documented and is actively working on a fix. When we have timing available, we'll follow up.

@ZOS_Kevin Please adjust the patch notes to make it clear that GLS does not create a self-corpse, as the description at the top of the combat changes indicates that it does.

It'd also be great if the devs actually used the "Known Issues" section for things like the Animate Blastbones bug. If the team knew about it, why was it not listed in the section made for known bugs?
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendric5 wrote: »
    I tried to use Grave Lord's Sacrifice and it would not allow me to use it then when it did is sucked because by the time the delay was over my target was dead. It also doesn't let me us it sometimes. It needs to be target-less for a buff.

It is worthless to me now!!!!

You can't cast it out of combat anymore, so it makes necro feel even more clunky than it already is, and for some players, made their rotation even harder because of this restriction.
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    This skill is a total mess... making this a buff skill is not the right call.
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone else said, making the fire morph into a DoT and keeping the disease morph as a burst would have made a lot more sense!
  • AvidNecro
    AvidNecro
    ✭✭
    Im just amazed we even got a response from @ZOS_Kevin
    Necromancer Main
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiming in so all 3 cros in xbox BGs are here
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AvidNecro wrote: »
    Im just amazed we even got a response from @ZOS_Kevin

Credit where credit is due, he tries. I appreciate it when he can. I'm sure it's not a question of whether or not he wants to.

I wouldn't say things that could push ZOS away from speaking with us. We need more communication. Look what happened to the class rep program or the livestreams with Rich we used to get.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit