The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Make Hammerdeath Arena more enticing!

Shara_Wynn
Shara_Wynn
✭✭✭✭✭
I am rubbish at PVP and dueling but I do like to watch others duel at Bergama Wayshrine (which is where everyone seems to go on PC EU).

It would be nice if ZOS fixed up Hammerdeath Arena and made it more enticing to duelists. Have matches. Have prizes for the winners. Have guild traders there and unique merchants that sell unique items you can't get elsewhere. Put a wayshrine right at the entrance. This would all help drum up passing interest/trade and make it more likely that players visited Hammerdeath Arena, either to watch or participate.

I would say allow players watching to place bets on their favorite duelist, but I don't think that would be allowed, but the duelists themselves could at least participate in matches to win prizes, like an Olympic Games of dueling. Create a leaderboard, facilitate a queuing system (much like IC or Cyrodiil) where if you are waiting for your match, you can go do other stuff and port to the Arena when it's your turn to duel.

Add in daily dueling quests or the like to further entice.

It is such a wasted space.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agreed.

It's like if Rome built the coliseum for decoration. What a waste of time that would have been.
  • soelslaev
    soelslaev
    ✭✭
    I'd merely like to shout out to the game designer who dropped a reference to the old 90s death metal band: Nembrionic Hammerdeth. Horns up!
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    This arena is too much areny for pvp it's too smol.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I don't understand the purpose of this arena, as the only times I go to it are during the Jester fest. Seems like you could do 1v1 or 2v2 tournaments in there with relative ease