The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

skill order Q

LannStone
LannStone
✭✭✭✭
After seven years of PvE, I'm trying to get more serious about PvP after a pretty good time dying a lot in the last event
I have a CP1800 magicka templar with front bar lightning staff Aurora Javelin, Power of the Light, Living Dark, Dark Flare, Radiant Glory
CP Duelist's Rebuff, Ironclad, Resilence, Master at Arms Warfare
Daedric Trickery and Order's Wrath crafted gear
Dark Elf vamp with pretty high health and good mobility to make up some for lack of skill
My question is what order to fire the skills and how often to intersperse light and heavy attacks for that quick burst damage that I lack.
Any advice will be appreciated.
(Edited to correct gear)
Edited by LannStone on March 11, 2024 5:01AM
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A different class honestly. If you're planning on 1v1 or 1vX...seriously a different class. I myself have a Templar in PvP....mainly as a healer though which is fun in groups...if no groups around, I log out and choose a different character.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    A different class honestly. If you're planning on 1v1 or 1vX...seriously a different class. I myself have a Templar in PvP....mainly as a healer though which is fun in groups...if no groups around, I log out and choose a different character.

Sounds like sound advice, thanks
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LannStone wrote: »
    After seven years of PvE, I'm trying to get more serious about PvP after a pretty good time dying a lot in the last event

I have a CP1800 magicka templar with front bar lightning staff Aurora Javelin, Power of the Light, Living Dark, Dark Flare, Radiant Glory

My question is what order to fire the skills and how often to intersperse light and heavy attacks for that quick burst damage that I lack.

Good on you for trying to get better.

I'd move Living Dark to backbar, that's where I tend to put buffs, heals, damage shields, and mobility skills (e.g. Race Against Time, etc).

I'd recommend slotting Inner Light on your frontbar. You get 2 passive benefits (higher Magicka pool, +12% crit chance) and can activate it to counter NBs.

So your rotation:
    1. PotL
    2. Dark Flare 2-3 times
    3. Aurora Javelin
    4. Radiant Glory
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »
    LannStone wrote: »

Good on you for trying to get better.

I'd move Living Dark to backbar, that's where I tend to put buffs, heals, damage shields, and mobility skills (e.g. Race Against Time, etc).

I'd recommend slotting Inner Light on your frontbar. You get 2 passive benefits (higher Magicka pool, +12% crit chance) and can activate it to counter NBs.

So your rotation:
    1. PotL
    2. Dark Flare 2-3 times
    3. Aurora Javelin
    4. Radiant Glory

Thanks for the advice; I'll take it
    I also swapped Order gear for Snake in the Stars (Deltia's suggestion in his build), along with Daedric Trickery
    I am going to try the Templar mainly because I've been attached to this character for years and just turned him into a vampire and dressed him in a meaner-looking suit:)
    I don't imagine I'll prevail 1 on 1 but hopefully can learn to survive and maybe get a few kills in group fights :)
    Moving Dark Flare to back bar, which skill would you then drop from back bar to make room for it (currently have elusive mist, channeled focus, extended ritual, resolving vigor and honor the dead)? I was thinking I might need both heals but maybe not?
    -
    One other thing I was wondering about PvP attacks - light attack weaving is a big deal in PvE - do you include many light attacks in your PvP bursts?
    Thanks

Edited by LannStone on March 15, 2024 10:32PM