The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Additional Houseguest Suggestions

Omegacron
Omegacron
✭✭✭
I would like to make the following suggestion regarding houseguests:
  • More interactivity with the environment. If the path you set takes them past other houseguests or crafting stations, it would be nice to see them talking to each other and/or using the appropriate crafting animation at each station. Maybe if they're near a bookcase when they pause, they read a book. That sort of thing.
  • Guards. I would definitely love to see some generic NPCs as houseguests that allow the placement of more than one. They could have names like "Covenant Guard", "Dominion Guard", "Imperial Guard", etc. Maybe also something like "Servant" or "Attendant" - the sort of roles that would make sense in a large manor home. Ideally we would be able to place up to four (4) in each home, but even just one would be nice.
  • Lastly, it would be awesome if, when defining a path, we could set markers for certain activities or animations that don't depend on a crafting station or any other trigger. Just when they reach that marker or node, they stop and perform the animation before moving on to the next node.

Keep up the great work, ZOS - you've made an awesome game and I love it!
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea that would make housing 100% better. Just running around doesnt really make the npcs feel like real persons.

If they sleep, drink eat and interact with each other, the homes would be filled with life.

Options
  • Orionza
    Orionza
    ✭✭
    Yes like in Everquest 2, you can set up your actors (the NPCs) to use the crafting stations, or do certain animations or emotes, like dance, flourish, (the fairies end with a little disappearing poof!), wave, and so many things. The animations trigger within a certain range (you can set the range) so they're not always animating.

I would be super happy just to have the simple working at craft stations, reading a book, sitting, and to have the pets be able to sit, instead of standing on the bed all day (looking at you, doggies).
    Options
  • Omegacron
    Omegacron
    ✭✭✭
    Orionza wrote: »
    Yes like in Everquest 2, you can set up your actors (the NPCs) to use the crafting stations, or do certain animations or emotes, like dance, flourish, (the fairies end with a little disappearing poof!), wave, and so many things. The animations trigger within a certain range (you can set the range) so they're not always animating.

I would be super happy just to have the simple working at craft stations, reading a book, sitting, and to have the pets be able to sit, instead of standing on the bed all day (looking at you, doggies).

In case it helps, I did find a way to make the pets sit. When you're editing the path nodes, you can set a Wait time for that node, with intervals like 3s, 10s, 30s, 1m, 3m. If you set it for longer than 30 seconds, the mount or pet will sometimes sit or sleep or whatever their "resting" animation is. It seems 50/50, because other times they'll just stand there for the specified amount of time. You can also set a movement speed for each node like run, jog, sprint, etc. If you stagger the nodes and times out, you can make it look like the animal got spooked and took off, or maybe a horse that trots around the paddock, sleeps in the hay, then stands at the food trough for a while. That sort of thing.
    Options
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those ideas sounds nice.
    Options
  • Omegacron
    Omegacron
    ✭✭✭
    Also, more interactivity with animals! In Galen there are several animals that you can interact with in order to pet them, hug them, etc. (see the achievement "The Best of Friends"). It would be awesome if we could do that with mounts or non-combat pets we've placed in our home.
    Options