The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Auto Dodge Addon

DanteTheDeviant
DanteTheDeviant
✭✭✭
Enemies who don't see me are autododging my attacks in Battlegrounds. Is this an addon or cheats?
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they weren't crossing an open area with no LOS or fighting someone else, it's possible.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are addons that tell you when an attack is incoming and ping with dodge/block now.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • DanteTheDeviant
    DanteTheDeviant
    ✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    There are addons that tell you when an attack is incoming and ping with dodge/block now.

How is that allowed???
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is that allowed???

Those only work in PVE and warn of major attacks from elite enemies.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enemies who don't see me are autododging my attacks in Battlegrounds. Is this an addon or cheats?

Yes there are cheats that do this, unfortunately.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is that allowed???

Anything that has a travel time or cast time is technically visible to the player anyway so the addons have access to that same information. The only real difference it makes is that it easier for enemies to dodge attacks that are coming from outside their field of view or when the scene is so crowded that most people would be overwhelmed by the sheer number of things happening. Lame? Sure. Cheating, hardly. That being said I would not be surprised if some folks have an extra layer of 'tooling' to automate the process of dodging when said events are raised given a set of variables to track (current resources, health, danger posed by the attack etc) - which definitely would fall into the category of cheating but how would you ever tell anyway? Most pvpers have developed pretty good senses and tend to dodge when they are already in danger or sense impending danger. These reflexes have just been honed over thousands of hours of exposure and practice.

EDIT: I am really starting to hate the supposed auto-correct that every browser comes equipped with these days. Please learn to spell and how to use proper grammar you stupid chatbots...
    Edited by Sluggy on March 9, 2024 3:56AM
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That [snip] only works in pve and only for major hits from elite mobs and bosses, Miat's (the one you're thinking of) USED to be able to do that but the API function needed to allow for the PvP attack alerts was disabled by ZoS a few years back

You don't have to SEE an attack to be able to HEAR IT COMING and take evasive action

[edited for minor profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 9, 2024 11:16AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I occasionally notice when fighting PvE mobs and bosses is that the XP earned from killing something will pop up in the bottom right corner of my screen a second or so before I apparently kill it. In other words, the server has just registered the kill but my client hasn't drawn the animation of me killing the thing.

Occasionally this works against me, such as when something is attacking me and I try to brace myself but fail to block the incoming attack, as though I'm trying to react to something that already occurred a second or so earlier.

I imagine there are various factors that can affect this-- the speed and quality of one's internet service, the speed of one's computer and graphics card, the amount of "traffic" on the internet between one's computer and the game servers, etc.

Anyway, there have been a few times when I was about to harvest a resource node but I got the message that "someone us using that"-- and then, a second or so later, another player comes racing up to the node and harvests it, as though they had started to interact with it while they were still some distance away. I assume this is the same type of situation-- my client was a bit slow to show the other player, such that where they actually were and what they were actually doing was a second or so "ahead" of what I was being shown by my client. And I'm sure it sometimes works the other way-- from the other player's point of view it's like I'm swooping in out of nowhere and harvesting a node that they were trying to harvest.

I imagine that this sort of thing must happen in PvP as well. Some players have top-of-the-line gaming rigs and a super-fast internet service, whereas other players do not, such that when you PvP it isn't just you against the other players, it's your rig and internet against theirs. And then there could be differences between your ping and theirs due to internet traffic and such.

Perhaps that sort of thing might partially explain what you're seeing?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭
    I believe there is no addon being able to do any world interaction or combat input.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys mean https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3137-CrutchAlerts.html ?

Old combat alerts no longer work for pvp.

• benzenexz
    benzenexz
    ✭✭
    the last time a NB tried to duel me at davon's watch wayshrine, just like most of the NBs, fight started, he went invisible. But guess he'll never know how I evaded his incapacitating ult. the pattern is just so so so predictable.
    Besides, it's always a good habit to randomly dodge in open field, you never know what lies in the darkness.

As Sharp has said, "Skill issue."
    Edited by benzenexz on March 9, 2024 8:15PM
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    crutchalert does not work in bg

Wouldn't random dodge cost stamina?

Also if you repeatedly hit those guys, you'd notice they don't always dodge (not CC'ed), so it's hard to say they're cheating. I just spam my charge and it'd work one out of 2 times.

The odd thing is that, with the current level of resistance everyone uses, I sometimes found it pointless to dodge or block.

Dodge cost 3.5k. I could do 15k damage on an average opponent instead, as long as it stays within range, and I did hit people to death while immobilized.

Block cost less with S&B but otherwise doesn't seem worth against most attacks, comparing to spam heals.
    Edited by moo_2021 on March 9, 2024 9:20PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How is that allowed???

Because audio queues exist. You can hear certain attacks coming. The addons will just make it more obvious. Helpful for people who don't have the game sound on and listen to music.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

How is that allowed???

Because audio queues exist. You can hear certain attacks coming. The addons will just make it more obvious. Helpful for people who don't have the game sound on and listen to music.

Also helpful for visually impaired folks that have trouble seeing the red/yellow lines for abilities with cast times(red interruptable, yellow stuff like heavy attacks).