Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

The Cyrodiil Repair kits announcement is disappointing

Poss
Poss
✭✭✭✭
First genuinely useful addition to Cyrodiil in years and it’s not happening any time soon
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are all disappointed, BUT!
    No one wants another fiasco like zos has been having recently, so good on them for finding it before launch and doing what so many of us have suggested they should do, which is wait until it's fixed to launch.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I get being disappointed that portion of the update is delayed (I am, too), would you rather them just... release completely broken content?
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I get being disappointed that portion of the update is delayed (I am, too), would you rather them just... release completely broken content?

You’re probably right. I’m just tired of having to port into IC to remove the combat bug JUST to slot a siege repair so I can repair my lancer or to slot milegate repairs.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's disappointing, but given their track record so far this year I appreciate them hopefully taking the time to make sure it works right.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's how it usually is, no?

I'm torn between "flocking heck, it's possible to hold stuff for fixing and polishing" and "flocking heck, ZOS broke something again"
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d have preferred if they hadn’t announced it beforehand and then added it when it was actually ready
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We sure something won't be broken anyway?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing, but I’m glad that it’s not being released until working properly and that we’re being kept updated — both on it’s a change that’s coming and now that it had to be delayed.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same thing basically happened with the multi-rider mounts that were originally scheduled to be released alongside the Stonethorn update.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a couple of days before release you find out those things don't work as expected?
    Could i ask when you started writing the code for it?
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    But siege stacking will come with U41 ?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad they aren’t moving something bugged into production. I’d rather they prioritize working through the issues instead and actually deliver something good for the long suffering pvp community but whatever.

At least we get new ROTW :|
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing but don’t want it broken and to go live if that’s the alternative.

I am curious as to how it gets so far down the pts cycle before such a major issue is identified.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poss wrote: »
    First genuinely useful addition to Cyrodiil in years and it’s not happening any time soon

Can you elaborate a bit? Not everyone is aware about this information nor where to find it. Thank you very much!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think stacking siege is a large cyro QoL than repair kits lol

unifying the repair kits will be useful, but not as impactful as stacking siege
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can you elaborate a bit? Not everyone is aware about this information nor where to find it. Thank you very much!

They were going to replace the existing separate repair kits for siege, walls, doors and bridges/milegates with ONE kit for everything. Details were in the patch notes for the next update.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wait, the all in one Cyro kits are delayed and not coming with the base game update in March? Genuinely asking, seems I've missed the memo here
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BenTSG wrote: »
    Oh wait, the all in one Cyro kits are delayed and not coming with the base game update in March? Genuinely asking, seems I've missed the memo here

There is a pinned thread about it.
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While the answer is no….with ESO releasing things broken is nostalgic at this point. ;)
    Edited by UGotBenched91 on March 6, 2024 8:40PM
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if the critical issue was that you would use one and the entire stack would just disappear? 🫠
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see any major issues with it on PTS or hear any reports, so I'm wondering what the issue they found was.

I do know there were a few things: one that the word 'Bridges' was missing from the repair kit tooltip and the old Bridge/Milegate repair kits were still available. I can't imagine that would have delayed this though.

However, one of the major annoyances was that the new kits were wholly new items and didn't replace the old ones - you'd still have a bunch of old repair kits for individual things until those got used up. It was only new kits that would be the all-in-one versions. I'm hoping that the delay will make those old ones all auto-convert to the new one when it's ready.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stacking siege reduces inventory clutter. Universal repair kits free up actual quick slots.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stacking siege reduces inventory clutter. Universal repair kits free up actual quick slots.

for me the siege is more useful, because i just dont use repair items lol

in most cases i end up deleting them, storing them, selling them, or giving them away (for the freebies i get, i never buy them)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Repair kits already stack by type, so in my opinion there's not a burning need to unify the different types because they don't take up a lot of inventory slots.

In contrast, right now siege engines don't stack at all, so they can take up a huge number of inventory slots. Allowing siege engines of the same type to stack (as long as they are all at "full health") will be a much-needed QoL change in my opinion.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, the additional quickslots gained by universal repair kits would be the biggest impact as I could then have both offensive and defensive siege slotted. This would be especially nice for when stuck in combat bug prevents switching slot items.

I'm also looking forward to stacking siege, but that is more for when swapping from PVP to PVE, and I have to move siege to the bank to make inventory space. Usually i just keep a set amount in inventory, and pick up additional from the merchants as needed.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d have preferred if they hadn’t announced it beforehand and then added it when it was actually ready

How can they not announce it beforehand? Everything goes on PTS about 5 weeks before live and is "announced" via the patch notes. The only way to not announce new features before they go live would be to have no PTS.
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Repair kits already stack by type, so in my opinion there's not a burning need to unify the different types because they don't take up a lot of inventory slots.

It’s more the fact we already struggle for wheel slots since they refuse to give us a designated siege wheel

Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    How can they not announce it beforehand? Everything goes on PTS about 5 weeks before live and is "announced" via the patch notes. The only way to not announce new features before they go live would be to have no PTS.

They would’ve worked on it before the PTS so they’d have already coded the relevant stuff way before it went live on PTS

• McMasterx
    McMasterx
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    What if the critical issue was that you would use one and the entire stack would just disappear? 🫠

The idea some of the guys in my friend group had was the kits were repairing doors and walls as if they were siege. Essentially double tapping a door and getting it from 0% to 30% would be a critical issue for "Zos Balance".

Pc/Na
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better delayed than released as a buggy mess
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

They would’ve worked on it before the PTS so they’d have already coded the relevant stuff way before it went live on PTS

They did. The kits seemed to work just fine on PTS. But someone obviously found a serious bug/exploit and reported it. It sounds like the PTS working as intended at finding problems before they go live. There is no such thing as, "Don't put anything into testing unless it doesn't need to be tested." Everything needs to be tested. And precisely for this reason.