The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Card game

Gregory
Gregory
Soul Shriven
When playing the card game, ignoring the fact that I am leading in points and neither I or my opponent has reached the winning threshold the game ends and my opponent wins. Why is this? Am I missing this or is there a bug or a cheat mode that am unaware off?
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure that your opponent did not pull a patron victory?
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »

would be cool or helpful even to have a chance to see or something that shows us the last 2-5 plays to work out what went wrong.... would be cool and help learn too lol

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing that when the match ended, instead of showing the score, the scoreboard instead showed the 4 patrons with arrows pointing toward your opponent?
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gregory wrote: »
    When playing the card game, ignoring the fact that I am leading in points and neither I or my opponent has reached the winning threshold the game ends and my opponent wins. Why is this? Am I missing this or is there a bug or a cheat mode that am unaware off?

Your opponent got a Patron Victory. You let him sway all the patrons and I have won quite a few games like that because my opponent wasn't observant enough trying to win in points victory.

Also don't rely that you are ahead on points. I am not that good of a player, yet have pulled victories like the one bellow. All game was struggling to build the deck while been on the ropes due to Rajhin and then boom. Won it in 2 turns. Actually was 0, the first points were on the turn the cards showed up. The moment started pulling the combos realised that going to win.

db7fm9ewfanc.png

and here is the turn after winning the game. Activated Crows twice too.

yerc7b9spcdn.png

Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on March 6, 2024 12:33PM
  • Veryamedliel
    Veryamedliel
    ✭✭✭

would be cool or helpful even to have a chance to see or something that shows us the last 2-5 plays to work out what went wrong.... would be cool and help learn too lol

(Instant) replay in an MMO? I don't think any MMO ever offered such services. And they probably never will. Any idea of the amount of disc space required for such a feature? And don't forget that even if they did something like this for ToT, how long would it take for people to demand the same feature for PvP, Boss hunting, dungeons, trials and whatnot? It's a ridiculous amount of data that needs to be stored, recalled, sorted, accessed, managed and played. I understand your wish for such a feature, but it's not likely any MMO would offer it.

If you want to replay your experiences in an MMO (or any game really), the best way to do so would be by doing it yourself. Plenty of screen recording software available these days. I use Fraps for this and other screen recordings, but there's tons of others out there, including free ones.
    Edited by Veryamedliel on March 6, 2024 12:38PM
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Afaik there are 5 cards that let you use a patron twice in 1 turn, if your opponent is 2 uses away from a patron victory, then you need to make sure they don't use these:
    King Orgnum's Command, Mercymother Elite, Tribunal Sentinel, Currency Exchange, Tithe
    Edited by amig186 on March 6, 2024 12:36PM
    PC EU
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As others have said, likely the opponent got all 4 Patrons turned so their dial faces them. Wins in ToT come in three ways: scoring more prestige than your opponent past the 40 point mark and they are unable to match or go over that on their next hand, if in a dogfight past prestige 40 then whoever hits 80 points automatically ends the game with no chance for the opponent to try and match/go over again, or turning all 4 Patrons to your favor.

Some cards acquired from the Tavern can allow a player to activate Patrons twice, so if two already face them and the other two are "easy" to sway (like sacrificing a card or paying a little bit of coin or power), then that double-activation card can end the match by allowing a Patron victory.

You are warned with a banner near the top of the board/screen at the start of your turn that "opponent is nearing Patron victory", but the banner is identical to the one at the start of EVERY hand that's something like "your turn" or whatever, so it is easy to miss that it says something different and is warning you. But you can also see where the dials on the Patron symbols are pointing.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, after reading all this and looking at the screenshots...

I have No idea what is going on .... or even comprehension of how to play the game.

Blah

:#
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have no patience whatsoever for that card game. I've tried like 8 times to learn it and its just so boring.

If results from my 4-man groups is anything at all I can just imagine playing against loads of other people with no clue what to do. Not a fun time, but good rewards from what I hear... so yeah.
    Scourge of the Pact, Sorrow of the Covenant, Sunder of the Dominion
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulkunne wrote: »
    I just have no patience whatsoever for that card game. I've tried like 8 times to learn it and its just so boring.

If results from my 4-man groups is anything at all I can just imagine playing against loads of other people with no clue what to do. Not a fun time, but good rewards from what I hear... so yeah.

It‘s only boring when you don’t know how to play the game or play against NPCs. If you make it to the Rubedite tier, your opponents are versed in the game and most matches are interesting.

The only thing is it takes time to get to know the game and the different patrons. It‘s not something you can learn within a few hours. It needs a lot of practice and takes easily 10, 20 hours until you get the hang of the game and know which cards to pick and how to play.

At first I didn’t like ToT at all. I really didn’t. It was hard to get into. But now it‘s my Nr. 1 activity in the game and I spend 1-2 hours per day playing it because it’s really fun when your opponent is skilled.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭
    I was happy to finally get the Hermaeus Mora deck completed after a very successful run through Infinite Archive yesterday! Levelled Azandar up while I was at it, too - finally unlocked the next quest in his tale! B)
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Vulkunne wrote: »

It‘s only boring when you don’t know how to play the game or play against NPCs. If you make it to the Rubedite tier, your opponents are versed in the game and most matches are interesting.

The only thing is it takes time to get to know the game and the different patrons. It‘s not something you can learn within a few hours. It needs a lot of practice and takes easily 10, 20 hours until you get the hang of the game and know which cards to pick and how to play.

At first I didn’t like ToT at all. I really didn’t. It was hard to get into. But now it‘s my Nr. 1 activity in the game and I spend 1-2 hours per day playing it because it’s really fun when your opponent is skilled.

Hah that sounds like me with Imperial City once upon a time. Cyrodiil I liked but was in no hurry to get started with that hot mess. And now it doesn't matter. Alright some rainy day maybe I'll sit down around a kitchen table and give it another go.

Thanks
    Scourge of the Pact, Sorrow of the Covenant, Sunder of the Dominion