The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Unreal Lag

merpins
merpins
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I haven't been playing ESO much lately, but came back to fart around a few days ago. Yesterday and the day before were fine, but today the lag has been horrible. Game freezing, skipping frames, you can't parse for more than 20 seconds before the game becomes unresponsive for 2 to 10 seconds, ruining any testing. This is all PVE.

I checked my computer, tested other games, no lag. Anyone else experiencing this lag in PVE today, or is it just me?
NA sever, March 4th, lag persists as of around 5:00 p.m. PST, and has been consistent since I logged in at around 3:30 p.m. PST.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on March 5, 2024 4:28AM
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here its unplayable I live in Australia
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merpins wrote: »
    I haven't been playing ESO much lately, but came back to fart around a few days ago. Yesterday and the day before were fine, but today the lag has been horrible. Game freezing, skipping frames, you can't parse for more than 20 seconds before the game becomes unresponsive for 2 to 10 seconds, ruining any testing. This is all PVE.

I checked my computer, tested other games, no lag. Anyone else experiencing this lag in PVE today, or is it just me?
    NA sever, March 4th, lag persists as of around 5:00 p.m. PST, and has been consistent since I logged in at around 3:30 p.m. PST.

Not I, but I don't play NA at prime time. I'm usually on from around 7am MST until about 2pm MST (with time out for lunch etc), so I almost never have any lag other than my high ping satellite stuff.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been experiencing spikes of lag in PvE zones since the start of the Mayhem event (and occasional disconnects on loading screens too).
  • sunshineflame
    sunshineflame
    ✭✭✭
    I cant even login on two of my toons...says I dont have internet. Other toons can login fine but ping goes through the roof. Reminds me of the old console days but now on PC :(
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the past 20 minutes of a Sanity's Edge prog, we've had somewhere around 15 disconnects. Anyone being brought into the boss room via joining encounter in progress is immediately booted. Three supports (including both healers) cannot stay in game when in combat for more than 30 seconds. A HM prog is absolutely impossible in these circumstances.

It's one thing to stay out of heavily populated areas like Cyrodiil to try to have something of a reliable experience. It's another when the event makes even unrelated activities unplayable.

ETA: I had a 3.1 second delay from receiving a killing blow to actually dying, per my combat log report. My ping never went above 72ms.
    Edited by virtus753 on March 5, 2024 1:59AM
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant even login on two of my toons...says I dont have internet. Other toons can login fine but ping goes through the roof. Reminds me of the old console days but now on PC :(

I this yesterday around this time. Couldn't play for 30 mins.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS is fine but live server is unplayable - this points to a server issue.

Unable to log into characters in heavily populated areas - seems a render error happens with the +999 ping.

Worst I have seen it for such a prolonged period in the 10 years of playing ESO
  • sunshineflame
    sunshineflame
    ✭✭✭
    I can play New World for 1000 hours and have no disconnects. Logon to ESO and get 14 in one night and they say it's my internet.

But we are destined to suffer. That is our lot in this game.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, 999+ ping followed by disconnect. Glad it wasn't only me.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's troubleshooting on the PC platform.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • sunshineflame
    sunshineflame
    ✭✭✭
    Banished to the depths...don't talk about it guys
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Rip this thread.
  • sunshineflame
    sunshineflame
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how this is a technical issue...it's an ESO feature that we have to endure and we're chatting about it in a general way. But first rule is you don't talk about it.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rip this thread.

The thread might be dead, but 999+ ping will endure.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It lives in recent discussions, the hopeful eye of the forums
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh "troubleshooting on the PC platform". I see
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Oh "troubleshooting on the PC platform". I see

Oh yes, because it's our problem and not a server problem. Sure.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow I thought it was just me - in the last couple days I've had pve lag that's even affecting my oakensoul heavy attack build now. That's a first for me.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also experiencing the same issues. It's hard to tell whether it's my ISP or the server. Watching how other family member's online games perform at the same time and using tracert sometimes suggest it's ZoS, and at others point to our ISP. Whatever the reason, I've given up trying to participate in CP PvP, ICP, and trials.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone running into issues with lag or having problems with overall game performance, please try the troubleshooting in the two help articles linked below.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also experiencing the same issues. It's hard to tell whether it's my ISP or the server. Watching how other family member's online games perform at the same time and using tracert sometimes suggest it's ZoS, and at others point to our ISP. Whatever the reason, I've given up trying to participate in CP PvP, ICP, and trials.

It happened for me during peak hours, and I played again a few hours later in the night with no lag. Or very little lag (there was a small amount, but it didn't disrupt parsing as a test).
  • sunshineflame
    sunshineflame
    ✭✭✭
    I love ZoS's response. Everytime it's on our end. None of their fixes have fixed anything ever for anyone. These simple basic fixed the recommend are almost insulting. They might add well add turning off your monitor and turning it on again with their DNS fixes. Imagine not trying a different DNS. Or checking for packetloss.

Literally no other game, app or internet function is impacted at all. Why don't they ever just say "the best fix is to wait until our servers allow you to play, it's not you...it's US"
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love ZoS's response. Everytime it's on our end. None of their fixes have fixed anything ever for anyone. These simple basic fixed the recommend are almost insulting. They might add well add turning off your monitor and turning it on again with their DNS fixes. Imagine not trying a different DNS. Or checking for packetloss.

Literally no other game, app or internet function is impacted at all. Why don't they ever just say "the best fix is to wait until our servers allow you to play, it's not you...it's US"

Well put. They could just say "Performance might be impacted during peak hours while we try to resolve performance issues."
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well put. They could just say "Performance might be impacted during peak hours while we try to resolve performance issues."

It's a special fun to try to run tracert ot pathping when you get intermittent 999+ ping. When you get to CMD and run the command your ping is back to normal.
  • jrfk2
    jrfk2
    ✭✭✭
    A few of us have bad lag and hangs recently as well this week/weekend.
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a special fun to try to run tracert ot pathping when you get intermittent 999+ ping. When you get to CMD and run the command your ping is back to normal.

The rate at which the in-game latency number updates makes it even more futile. It's nice to know that I had 67 ms latency 5000 ms ago, but that doesn't tell me why the game is lagging right now, and by the time it does update the lag spike might not even register at all.
  • Gegensmith
    Gegensmith
    ✭✭
    I'm on PC EU trying to do the Wrothdar zone quest and the lag is very frequent and high. It's clearly a server problem. Could we have some indication that Zos are looking into this, rather then merely referring us to help articles that place the problem on the client side?
  • Gegensmith
    Gegensmith
    ✭✭
    Frequent disconnects and 999+ spikes -- one quest involved a timer and was almost unplayable. Dropped from the server for spamming when trying to enter a building when there was no response from the game.
  • Gegensmith
    Gegensmith
    ✭✭
    The disconnects and lag spikes continue unabated
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are encountering lag or latency issues and the troubleshooting posted above has not helped, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post