The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Bring Back Deathmatch Queue or Make it More Likely to be Picked in Random BG Queues

Ghostbustersaurus
Ghostbustersaurus
Soul Shriven
The chances of getting into a deathmatch battleground are currently too low. You can spend a whole evening and many hours doing battlegrounds without getting into a single deathmatch, even though that's what I and I'd argue most serious PVP players want to play. It's mostly casual PVP players who'd prefer one of the objective modes and their interest in this regard should really be secondary as they have enough other things to do in ESO as it is.
There should either be a deathmatch only queue again or the chances of getting into a deathmatch vs. one of the objective modes should be 50%. I assume it's currently 20% and this doesn't make sense considering how similar the objective modes are, particularly domination and crazy king. Deathmatch is not just one mode among many, but totally separate from the objective modes in its essense.

Let people play what they want and if the player base isn't large enough to support two separate queues, ZOS could either try to increase the player base by making battlegrounds more attractive to play via rewards or new content or at least make deatchmatches more likely to be picked among the game modes, so that people who want to play them aren't forced to play somethings else 80% of the time.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can turn every BGs into deathmatch yourself. There are players who do this regularly.

However, I support the change too, so I can avoid those who never do teamwork. Actually, why not make solo DMs instead of team DMs? You wouldn't even need queuing. 2 players can start and perhaps 64 players limit.
    Edited by moo_2021 on March 3, 2024 8:54PM
  • Ghostbustersaurus
    Ghostbustersaurus
    Soul Shriven
    You can't turn every BG into a deathmatch, because you will rarely end up with 12 players wanting to do deathmatch in an objective game. It will end up being 4v2v1 or something like that while the other people care only about the objective.
    That's just not the same as small scale pvp 4v4v4 deathmatch.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and i wish there was an objective only queue
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't turn every BG into a deathmatch, because you will rarely end up with 12 players wanting to do deathmatch in an objective game. It will end up being 4v2v1 or something like that while the other people care only about the objective.
    That's just not the same as small scale pvp 4v4v4 deathmatch.

- Crazy king: take the ball to enemy base and fight everyone there
    - Other games: hold the center and fight everyone there
  • Ghostbustersaurus
    Ghostbustersaurus
    Soul Shriven
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    - Crazy king: take the ball to enemy base and fight everyone there
    - Other games: hold the center and fight everyone there

The Ball in Crazy King? :p Again, BG Deathmatches are about small scale group pvp. If I just wanted to fight a random number of people on my own I'd go to Cyrodiil.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think they should probably give a deathmatch only queue back, but absolutely do not allow it to pull from the random BG queue (we already went through that nonsense once)

the only other option i would support is going to a system where every BG type has its own queue + a random queue that can fill any of those

then those who want deathmatch can queue for that, and those who want to queue specifically for say relics to work on achievements can do that, but if you queue for random it will be the fastest as it will throw you into any game that is getting filled

i would rather wait 20 min to get a BG i actually want to go into than 2 min for it to be only deathmatch all the time
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Myself and many others have advocated for this so many times on the forums here. Sadly zos never has even commented on it despite tagging community managers many times.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    lack of engagement is not due to objective but the map designs and 3 teams that could utilitize tactics but not possible in pug

There would be no shortage of fights if crazy king is 2 teams on a corridor with 3 flags between bases.
  • cuddles_with_wroble
    I would LOVE 5v5 or 6v6 instead of 4v4v4. But deathmatch only is a start