The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did you already own or have access to Orsinium prior to it being given away as a daily reward?

GooGa592
GooGa592
✭✭✭✭✭
Did you already own or have access to Orsinium prior to it being given away as a daily reward?

Did you already own or have access to Orsinium prior to it being given away as a daily reward? 286 votes

Yes
91%
NestorlaurajfdriosketchMaddjujubelial5221_ESOBlueRavenvailjohn_ESOmesnaderekdew339_ESOcalitrumanb14_ESOGedericDarcyMardinNeriakArizona_Stevessewallb14_ESOWhiteCoatSyndromeRedTalonKendaricpmn100b16_ESODanikat 261 votes
No
8%
PendrillionAuriellekojouSilverBrideCenturionExplorerAstironMikeSkyrim333WoodenHeartCatagamiAlinhbo_TyakaHypnotica713UGotBenched91AScarlatoFenris_ArainaiMesitefrancesinhaloverKirawolfeFayJolynTybaltKainedanko355 25 votes
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah, it's unlocked via eso+.

I'm nonetheless happy for all players, which get to experience Wrothgar for the first time.

It's beautiful, offers nice stories and a very interesting arena.
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I had it via eso+ and have completed it.

It's nice to have it permanently now, in case I ever don't have eso+.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have multiple accounts so my answer is both yes and no.

You could always get a second account a d redeem it if you want to feel like it's worth it.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, I bought it a long time ago on the PC EU server and had access on PC NA via ESO+ as well.

It's the best DLC storyline for me, so I'm glad everyone can access it now and play through it.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • GooGa592
      GooGa592
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      wolfie1.0. wrote: »

You could always get a second account a d redeem it if you want to feel like it's worth it.

Every version of the game sold other than the base game version includes Orsinium. That's why I asked the question.
    • Enemoriana
      Enemoriana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Yes for my main account, but I have second with no dlc (except free).
      • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
      • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
      • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
      • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
      • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Yes, I bought the Guilds and Glory pack when it was first added to the crown store. (Before then I'd been planning to get the DLC seperately, but hadn't gotten around to it because my main character was still going though the base game zones.)
      Edited by Danikat on March 2, 2024 4:56PM
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • OsUfi
      OsUfi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Yes. I bought Guilds and Glory yonks ago. Got my moneys worth. Happy for them to give away really old content for free.
    • AzuraFan
      AzuraFan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Already owned on my main account.

I have another (dormant) account that doesn't own it. Hopefully it will once they fix the daily reward issue.
    • ArchangelIsraphel
      ArchangelIsraphel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Yes
      Yes, I had access through ESO+

But like others have stated, I am happy to own it permanently, in case I ever need to cancel my sub for some emergency reason.
      Legends never die
      They're written down in eternity
      But you'll never see the price it costs
      The scars collected all their lives
      When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
      Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
      Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
      Legends never die
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      I think users who have it are going to be overrepresented in any poll on here. For one, official forums always tend towards heavy users. For two, there are a lot of hoops to jump through to use this site.

I don't think ZOS would have given it away for free if there wasn't enough people who'd like it to make it worth it.
      Edited by spartaxoxo on March 2, 2024 6:41PM
    • wolfie1.0.
      wolfie1.0.
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      GooGa592 wrote: »

Every version of the game sold other than the base game version includes Orsinium. That's why I asked the question.

Um orisinium is not included in any of the chapter bundles, and does not come with the purchase of eso. It only comes as part of eso plus.

If you can prove me wrong I will edit or retract this statement. But both necrom and gold coast do not list it.
    • reazea
      reazea
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes

Um orisinium is not included in any of the chapter bundles, and does not come with the purchase of eso. It only comes as part of eso plus.

If you can prove me wrong I will edit or retract this statement. But both necrom and gold coast do not list it.

I'm not sure about all editions, but I know Morrowind and Summerset included Orsinium. Either that or me and my wife purchased Orsinium with in game gold and we don't remember doing it.

*Update*

After asking the better half about this, she reminded me that we both purchased the "guilds and glory" package with in game gold, and that's how we got Orsinium, along with thieves guild and dark brotherhood.

Edited by reazea on March 2, 2024 7:51PM
    • Cooperharley
      Cooperharley
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Yea I already had it, but it's still an incredible login reward for those who hadn't already purchased it & for newer players regardless. PLUS, if you actually read the article, ESO Plus members get an incredible reward to look forward to this month anyways:

"Already have access to Orsinium via ESO Plus membership? Don't worry, ALL ESO Plus members can claim the Scions of Ithelia Collector's Bundle for free during a two-week window starting on each specific platform's launch (March 11 for PC/Mac and March 26 for Xbox and PlayStation consoles). The Scions of Ithelia Collector's Bundle grants access to the dungeon DLC game pack, the Ashbone Sabre Cat mount, the Ashbone Echalette pet, and five Crown Experience Scrolls. That's 4000 crowns of value—don't forget to claim it from the Crown Store while it's available!"

ZOS absolutely COOKING this month

• robertub17_ESO6
      I like that it's 9 years old or whatever, it breaks the game when people are trying to claim it, then we get unplanned maintenance.

I kinda feel like if anyone cared about Orsinium, they already played it or have it.

Even when I saw it on the daily reward, I didn't feel it was overly generous.
    • wolfie1.0.
      wolfie1.0.
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      spartaxoxo wrote: »
      I think users who have it are going to be overrepresented in any poll on here. For one, official forums always tend towards heavy users. For two, there are a lot of hoops to jump through to use this site.

I don't think ZOS would have given it away for free if there wasn't enough people who'd like it to make it worth it.

I have to agree, but there are more reasons to consider. First it's one of the oldest dlcs and sales of it have likely reached stagnation, and second, they the have hinted that there might be ties from that dlc to gold coast so that might also be factor. And never discount the good will factor.
    • Castagere
      Castagere
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      I bought it a long time ago.
    • wolfie1.0.
      wolfie1.0.
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      reazea wrote: »

I'm not sure about all editions, but I know Morrowind and Summerset included Orsinium. Either that or me and my wife purchased Orsinium with in game gold and we don't remember doing it.

Morrowind just included base game, and summerset included Morrowind. But only chapters have ben released as such.
    • belial5221_ESO
      belial5221_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Had it on one server,but not the other
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes

Is it possible you got the Gold Edition? (Not Gold Road.) That was the base game with the first 4 DLCs and the palomino horse. I think it stopped being sold when Morrowind came out, or maybe shortly afterwards.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes

I started the game with Morrowind, and bought Summerset shortly after. As far as I can remember back that far now, neither of them had Orsinium. After about a month past buying Summerset, I subbed ESO+ and have never let it drop on 3 accounts, so I have virtually always had it - but I do not believe it came with MW or Summerset.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Bought it when it first came out. Got my money’s worth out of it though, so I can’t complain.
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
    • cyclonus11
      cyclonus11
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes
      Pretty sure I bought it when it came out and ESO+ didn't exist yet.
    • Jimbru
      Jimbru
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      I play on PCNA. I don't remember if I owned Orsinium DLC before now; I'm used to having access through ESO Plus. Be that as it may, I'm not complaining about "not getting" a reward for one flippin' day. On the contrary, many of my guildmates are basic players or console refugees; they don't have Plus or all the DLCs, so I'm happy for them. Game on.
    • GooGa592
      GooGa592
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes

You are correct. I remember loving Orsinium when it first came out, and I still to this day think it's probably the best expansion ever released, even though I almost never go there now.

Edited by GooGa592 on March 2, 2024 7:58PM
    • MrGarlic
      MrGarlic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Bought it when it dropped.
      'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
      Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
    • kojou
      kojou
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      No
      My main account had it thought ESO+, but did not have it purchased, but I had 2 alternate accounts that did not have it.
      Playing since beta...
    • Phoebe
      Phoebe
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Well, I did own it on my main account on both servers, as well as my second account EU. I didn't own it on my second account NA (I thought about buying the Guilds&Glory-bundle during the last sale, lucky I did not) and on my Epic account. I don't play a lot on these accounts/servers, but it's still nice to have.
    • SeaGtGruff
      SeaGtGruff
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Yes, I've had the Orsinium DLC ever since I first purchased ESO-- I bought the Morrowind chapter, the Imperial Edition of ESO, and the Guilds and Glory bundle all at the same time.

I later bought the Collector's Edition of the Orsinium DLC while it was on sale, despite already having the DLC as part of the Guilds and Glory bundle, so I could get the extras that came with it, since purchasing the extras individually in the Crown Store would have cost more than the sale price of the Collector's Edition of the DLC. (I also did that with the other three DLCs in the Guilds and Glory bundle when each of them were on sale.)

A few years later I started subscribing to ESO Plus, despite already owning all of the DLCs up to that point, because the value of the other benefits seemed to me to be well worth the annual subscription fee, especially considering how many hours a day I typically play ESO.

For the record, I do not mind that the daily login reward is something I already had, because I don't need every login reward to be something that will be of some benefit to me, and I think this particular login reward is obviously aimed at new or existing players who didn't already have access to the Orsinium DLC.
      I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    • sarahthes
      sarahthes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Three of my family's 4 accounts had it already. Happy to get it for the youngest household member, who doesn't play enough to justify paying for it or for ESO+.