The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil lore book misplaced

Gegensmith
Gegensmith
✭✭
The lore book "Song of the Askelde Men" is misplaced in the shack of Florus in the Amber Woodland in North West Cyrodiil (see attached screenshot).
It's way under the bed where it cannot be reached (rather than on the bed, which is where it's supposed to be). This was in the Blackreach campaign on a Covenant character.

p7xhezpg4yz5.jpg
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logout to character screen and log back in. It often fixes the issue for me if a book is stuck like that.
    Options
  • Gegensmith
    Gegensmith
    ✭✭
    No, it seems to be a permanent problem. This is a character on the PC EU server in Blackreach. Same thing on an NA character in the <50 Cyrodiil campaign.
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd recommend also bug report in-game for this, often it's more productive.
    Options
  • Gegensmith
    Gegensmith
    ✭✭
    Thanks -- I will next time I visit it.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a problem with rendering. Kevin said they are aware of it a while back, as it happens in several zones where books render under the furnishings they’re placed on.

In addition to relogging, you can also try moving far enough away and back again to force the book to re-render. It may take many attempts.
    Options