The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Wrong pricing for crown crate rewards?

moo_2021
moo_2021
✭✭✭✭
Solstheim Shiver Wolf
2,500 Gems or 16,000 seals

Star-Orphan Elk
1,200 Gems or 16,000 seals

Why?

Also 2,500 gems is insane!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The radiant mounts has varied in gem cost since their release.

Seals are always the same cost.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭

Do they usually go higher or lower over time?

I bought the previous one at 700 gems. 2500 is more than triple :(
    Edited by moo_2021 on March 2, 2024 1:42AM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

Do they usually go higher or lower over time?

I bought the previous one at 700 gems. 2500 is more than triple :(

Each crate season always has one Radiant that is 1200, one is 1600, and one is 2500. These prices have never changed. Whatever you bought for 700 gems was not a Radiant Apex.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Each crate season always has one Radiant that is 1200, one is 1600, and one is 2500. These prices have never changed. Whatever you bought for 700 gems was not a Radiant Apex.

I see. Both the wolf and the bear were crown crate exclusive. I'll wait for next from this category...
  • jlats
    jlats
    ✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

I see. Both the wolf and the bear were crown crate exclusive. I'll wait for next from this category...

What mounts specifically are you talking about? If you mean the harrowstorm bear or maybe the winterborn wolf, they aren’t actually in any crates, they’re just quasi radiant apex tier crown gem exclusives! So they’re in between an apex and radiant apex price wise, but can only be bought directly with seals or gems, not won in a crate.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price for an individual item doesn't change, either while it's available or between availability periods (or at least it hasn't happened so far and we've got no reason to think it will) but there's never been a single price for crown crate mounts.

There's 4 'tiers' of mounts you can get with gems or seals:

Legendary - can drop from crates. Always a few in each crate, but there's no consistency to what they are, except they usually have less effects than the apex mounts. They always cost 100 gems or 3,600 seals.

Apex - can (very rarely) drop from crates. Always a matching set of 5-6 different animals with the same theme and effects (the animals included vary between crates) and always cost 400 gems or 8,000 seals each.

Radiant Apex - can (extremely rarely) drop from crates. Always 3 different ones, usually similar to the apex mounts from the same crates but with more effects. They always cost 16,000 seals but each set of 3 will have 1 which costs 1,200 gems, one which costs 1,600 and one which costs 2,500. (At first you couldn't buy them with gems at all, and seals didn't exist, so they could only be obtained as drops.)

ZOS might make the one they expect to be least popular cheapest, and the most popular most expensive, but it's also possible there's different drop rates, but they're so rare it's hard to get much data. There used to be a site which tracked it and for the Grim Harlequin crates (the last one they got data on) they recorded 11 Dark Delerium Senche, 9 Infernal Trickster Death Hounds, and 3 Ram of Dark Delights, out of 8,871 crates.

Gem Exclusive - never drop from crates. Usually 1 or 2 items at a time (not always mounts) and the prices vary, but I think they're usually somewhere in between the price of the Apex and Radiant Apex mounts.

Currently (All-Maker Crates) the Apex mounts are the All-Maker ones (Bear, Dwarven Spider, Horse, Senche-raht, Wolf), the Radiant Apex mounts are the Star-Orphan Elk (1,200 gems), Blessed Highmane Lion (1,600 gems) and Solstheim Shiver Wolf (2,500 gems) and the Gem Exclusives are the Winterborn Wild Hunt Wolf (700 gems) and Winterborn Spriggan (500 gems).
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"