The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

For Future Mayhem PvP Events Could Server Resources Be Adjusted Differently?

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Last Sunday I queued up early morning for my home campaign Gray Host PS NA but still had a substantial wait. It ended up being about two hours starting at number 107 thought the estimated time was 55 minutes I think. As I was waiting I looked at the other campaigns in comparison. Here’s what I saw.

Coldharbour and Icereach Below Level 50 - both empty. (Icereach was added for the event.)

Evergloam 7 Day Standard - 1 bar EP, 1 bar AD. (Evergloam was added for the event.)

Ravenwatch Standard No-CP - 1 bar AD

Quagmire 7 Day Non-Champ - empty. (Quagmire was added for the event.)

Blackreach Stamdard - full all factions 1 min wait estimated for DC

Why add a below 50 campaign when the one we have is never anything other than empty? Even at the peak times on the weekend of the event both of these were empty.

Is there a way to add server resources to the Gray Host campaign instead of adding campaigns that are completely empty or not utilized much? It would make a much more enjoyable event for just about everyone if more players could join. Perhaps this is not possible but I am unaware of any statement regarding that. I do know it is not possible to add more players with the current resources allocated for Gray Host.
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• doabhi
    doabhi
    ✭✭✭
    The queue this year has been abysmal, but I wouldn't mind so much if the client could handle itself better in high activity areas. being kicked to the overland because of an 'Unexpected Internal Error' occurred from anything ranging from buying items from a siege merchant to a large ball group turning up on your doorstep really ruins the enjoyability of the game mode.

Sadly I must say I'm a little more than disappointed and frustrated at this MYM event, the last patch has introduced a lot of weird bugs and it seems the underlying net-code and backed has not received any noticeable love from developers that we can see as mere plebeians on the other side.

In Short.
    1. The Grace period for disconnects needs to be increased because fighting the client to get logged back in can take a long time or many failed attempts (i suggest moving disconnected players back to gate before the usual release period timeout).
    2. The underlying network code/messaging system needs properly addressing to remove long standing deficiency in the way it handles latency spikes due to the message rate influx of large groups.
    3. The game needs the bug fixes we were promised last year, not extra content that we were promised wasn't a focus. Specifically in the back end to fix the lag issues.
    4. The servers need love.
    Edited by doabhi on March 1, 2024 8:37PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well part of the reason that there is 100+ person queues is people seem to refuse to play in other campaigns

if the pop caps are as low as they are, if the 100+ people from all 3 factions that are waiting in the queue went to another campaign, it would probably fill up that camp to full poplock

i normally home in blackreach, but if the queue is too high im not going to try to wait on the queue, ill just go to one of the other camps that doesnt have a queue, or a much smaller queue (less than 15-20)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    well part of the reason that there is 100+ person queues is people seem to refuse to play in other campaigns

if the pop caps are as low as they are, if the 100+ people from all 3 factions that are waiting in the queue went to another campaign, it would probably fill up that camp to full poplock

i normally home in blackreach, but if the queue is too high im not going to try to wait on the queue, ill just go to one of the other camps that doesnt have a queue, or a much smaller queue (less than 15-20)

Yes, I have been doing that, or leveling up Assault on all my PvE trials toons on various factions on other campaigns.

I just wrote this to say to the guys running this game that adding resources that are not being used isn’t really helping us. If there is a way to instead beef up the main campaign and allow more players on that would actually help. I wonder if they actually considered it, or thought multiple campaigns would be better. Maybe they thought new players would go to the new campaigns, but I don’t think players who are actually interested in doing PvP for the first time will queue for an empty campaign anyway. You need big battles to get AP and anything less than 2 bars is essentially dead.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day, prior to 2021 or so, we'd see a notable increase in performance in Cyrodiil during the MYM events. That means ZOS has the capacity to make things run more smoothly if they chose to for the events today too. We just saw them make Cyrodiil better during the test they just ran in late 2023 as well. Then they came back and dropped the population cap another 25% in January for some reason. ZOS could make Cyrodiil a much better experience with much higher participation if they wanted to. They just did so in late 2023.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GooGa592 wrote: »
    Back in the day, prior to 2021 or so, we'd see a notable increase in performance in Cyrodiil during the MYM events. That means ZOS has the capacity to make things run more smoothly if they chose to for the events today too. We just saw them make Cyrodiil better during the test they just ran in late 2023 as well. Then they came back and dropped the population cap another 25% in January for some reason. ZOS could make Cyrodiil a much better experience with much higher participation if they wanted to. They just did so in late 2023.

Yes, they have the ability to make it better. The question is, why do they choose not to.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I have been doing that, or leveling up Assault on all my PvE trials toons on various factions on other campaigns.

I just wrote this to say to the guys running this game that adding resources that are not being used isn’t really helping us. If there is a way to instead beef up the main campaign and allow more players on that would actually help. I wonder if they actually considered it, or thought multiple campaigns would be better. Maybe they thought new players would go to the new campaigns, but I don’t think players who are actually interested in doing PvP for the first time will queue for an empty campaign anyway. You need big battles to get AP and anything less than 2 bars is essentially dead.

the funny thing though is they did the population stress test and most people found it more enjoyable even with potentially increased occurrences of lag/disconnects

those are still big problems for sure, but just having a higher pop cap would make a bigger difference in the number of fights happening across the map
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to also add that if you don’t have 2+ hours to wait in queue and the only other campaign that has any action only has one bar your alliance and 2-3 for both other alliances, you really get tired of getting your butt kicked repeatedly and earning little AP.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA