The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do not release crown purchasable mounts as free login rewards

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Many of us bought the Iron Orc Welwa mount a few months ago for 3000 crowns.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Iron_Orc_Welwa

eCUodfP.png

Now everyone else can get it for free just by logging in.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65635

That's pretty messed up and I'd like my 3000 crowns back when I reach the daily login reward in March.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on February 29, 2024 11:58PM
PC NA
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or can we get any compensation?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A crown refund or some other bonus reward (crown gems?) when you reach a day in the calendar with a collectible you already have seems difficult to code but would be great. Otherwise, I don't see why they shouldn't just go back to dropping items into the calendar before it goes into the crown store.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't buy it but if i had i'd be pissed and rightfully so.
    PC EU
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    A crown refund or some other bonus reward (crown gems?) when you reach a day in the calendar with a collectible you already have seems difficult to code but would be great. Otherwise, I don't see why they shouldn't just go back to dropping items into the calendar before it goes into the crown store.

must be like a couple of line of code
    they already have the code to check if you have that thing so.

if player.own($reward)
    then player.crowns = player.crowns + X

that's it.
  • aliferis
    aliferis
    ✭✭
    Yeah thats really F'ed up they would take something people spent hard earned money on to buy then give it away for free. first off it should've been a mount that wasn't purchasable ever in the store. second we all know ZOS wont do anything about it or even make a comment to regarding people who bought the mount because it would intel them having to refund money to people and improve the quality of life in the game something ZOS doesn't do.
    Guar KING
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought orsinium years ago. Where's my refund?......./s
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There should be a reasonable time period between an item being available in the crown store, and that item being offered for free, personally I think it should be at least 3 years or so. If the difference is only months, then ESO customers are right to be angry about it.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually they do the opposite: A monthly log in reward later comes back available for Crowns

I agree with what others have said here — years later is okay but not months, unless there is an alternative reward for those who bought the item in question.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. There needs to be at least a year, I would say. Otherwise it's really not fair.
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, it is/was a paid mount? This I wasn't aware of. As many have said, if it was free first then paid later, it'd be fine. As it stands though, it does sound like a bit of a slap to the face to those who paid if this is a recent mount to come around.
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the point? Ppl pay all the time for early access. Just be happy for the exclusive time you had it before everyone else. It's just pixels on your screen...
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here i want a refound for what i've paid, Why must i be the only one to pay when the others get it for free?

Is this how you treat your clients Zenymax?
  • aliferis
    aliferis
    ✭✭
    either way the biggest issue is they STILL haven't brought a radian apex bipedal to the game or the baby guar stuck in his egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Guar KING
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah bought this when it came out, now I feel ripped off. :s
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    tomfant wrote: »
    What's the point? Ppl pay all the time for early access. Just be happy for the exclusive time you had it before everyone else. It's just pixels on your screen...

pixels people paid for with non pixel money
  • dosco
    dosco
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I didn't buy the mount myself and I won't use it even when I get it as a login reward, but I 100% support everyone who did buy it getting a refund for the money they spent. It's really not hard to understand why players are pissed about this.

And people saying "it's free" - well, the point is that it has NOT been free for the people who spent money on it a few months ago when nobody here had a clue it would be free shortly after.