Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Please add hints for broken sets

RetPing
RetPing
✭✭✭✭✭
You know, not everybody follows all the sets, someone come in pvp once in a while and is not super informed about all new sets.

The game since start had some mechanics, like crowd control immunity after breaking free from the effect.

At some point you decided to introduce sets that don't follow this rule. I don't know why. Breaking estabilishged game mechanics is just wrong. It's game design 101.

So please in the deah recap when you see someone has been hit for example by RoA add an hint explaining how broken the set is.
So people that come once in a while in PvP will know about it and understand.
This maybe will avoid that the same people will get killed over and over and over by the same groups crutching on those broken sets.
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only one is Rush of Agony as far as I am aware.

As much as I like using this set, even solo, it is quite literally broken.

Any other pull/chain counts as a CC and gives CC immunity.
    PC EU > You
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RetPing wrote: »
    You know, not everybody follows all the sets, someone come in pvp once in a while and is not super informed about all new sets.

The game since start had some mechanics, like crowd control immunity after breaking free from the effect.

At some point you decided to introduce sets that don't follow this rule. I don't know why. Breaking estabilishged game mechanics is just wrong. It's game design 101.

So please in the deah recap when you see someone has been hit for example by RoA add an hint explaining how broken the set is.
    So people that come once in a while in PvP will know about it and understand.
    This maybe will avoid that the same people will get killed over and over and over by the same groups crutching on those broken sets.

Honestly I understand the idea behind pulls but really I wish we were back to regular old bombs where you just paid the price for standing in the wrong place with your buffs down or next to a squish. Getting pulled repeatedly in a game with lag at times is just not fun.
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RoA doesn't explode for 2 seconds. Unless you are hit with Fossilize or Colorless Pool right after being pulled, you can usually escape the blast zone. Like @Major_Toughness I've used this set with great success with DKs (Chains of Devastation into Take Flight into a group is always fun) but its as avoidable as it is effective, if that makes sense.

I am completely with you when it comes to the frustrations caused by lag and desyncs which can hurt with RoA, but the issue is with that, not the set.
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoA doesn't explode for 2 seconds. Unless you are hit with Fossilize or Colorless Pool right after being pulled, you can usually escape the blast zone. Like @Major_Toughness I've used this set with great success with DKs (Chains of Devastation into Take Flight into a group is always fun) but its as avoidable as it is effective, if that makes sense.

I am completely with you when it comes to the frustrations caused by lag and desyncs which can hurt with RoA, but the issue is with that, not the set.

Lag and desyncs aside though a potential double pull is an issue. You should just have immunity period.
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lag and desyncs aside though a potential double pull is an issue. You should just have immunity period.

If there were multiple sets or a monster set that did this so you could double down on it, I would agree with you. But its one set. You are giving up an entire 5 piece set to gain a second pull/CC on a target. The whole point of the set is a double pull in that I can use Crit Rush to pull then hit the target with Fossilize. It says so in the tooltip.

A lot of the triggers can be blocked. Then I can turn it back on the attacker if I happen to be wearing RoA. I don't see this as a broken set along the lines of the old Ravager where it was push one button, kill a player. Its not. Hrothgar's Chill is easier to use than RoA.
    Options
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJj9-iVcZ1A

Pull effects are a staple of PVP games everywhere. You don't have to like them but they are not going anywhere.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJj9-iVcZ1A

Pull effects are a staple of PVP games everywhere. You don't have to like them but they are not going anywhere.

The pull isn't the problem. The problem is the set is the only thing in the game that breaks the rules of CC.
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If there were multiple sets or a monster set that did this so you could double down on it, I would agree with you. But its one set. You are giving up an entire 5 piece set to gain a second pull/CC on a target. The whole point of the set is a double pull in that I can use Crit Rush to pull then hit the target with Fossilize. It says so in the tooltip.

A lot of the triggers can be blocked. Then I can turn it back on the attacker if I happen to be wearing RoA. I don't see this as a broken set along the lines of the old Ravager where it was push one button, kill a player. Its not. Hrothgar's Chill is easier to use than RoA.

That would be fine if it was one person using it on their own but that's the point is that you have coordinated groups using this to to kill groups of players in ways that shouldn't work because they should have gotten immunity.

I'd even be ok if it said something like pull all players in and you may ignore cc immunity on one target. That would say least be a balanced rule break but as it stands it's just allowing for bombs that shouldn't work
    Options