The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

(basic) question about Sorcerer king Orgnum

Deritha_DA
Deritha_DA
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I've been playing too much ToT lately trying to get the music box lead... The more I play, part of me is really fed up with ToT but another part of me likes it even more :sweat_smile: Just started the second tournament and for reasons I do not quite understand, Lentondil had sorcerer king orgnum...

Here is my question: what exactly is meant by "for every 6 cards that you own"? is this in your hand, including cool down/played, sorcerer king cards....

Not sure I will ever obtain this deck, but I would like to use it better if it ever pops up again.

Thanks in advance!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You pay the coin cost and get one power for every 6 cards you own, rounded down. It includes all cards.

As for its utility, the deck is okay. Cheap cards that get you low levels of prestige that are meant to be played in combos. But Orgnum patron spammers are some of the easiest players to beat in the game.
    Options
  • Deritha_DA
    Deritha_DA
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks a lot for your answer! That makes sense. So at the start of the match we have 10 card so this would be 1 power in the start or 2 powers if favored plus that extra card. And then your « deck » grows… I need to check if there is a handy way to see how many cards I have accumulated.
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Correct. In my opinion, the Orgnum patron should not be taken into account when deciding what deck to pair it with, or to use to counter other patrons. Because the cards are cheap, its pretty easy to get 2-3 Orgnum cards in one turn, depending on RNG and many coins you get per turn. So, while having more cards is "good" for the patron, eliminating cards, like the single coin cards in your hand, so you have a higher chance of combos with the Orgnum cards is better than patron spamming. The odds of your opponent letting your stay on Favored to knock the cost down to 4 are slim to none, so that means you are only going to get 1-2 power for most of the game, while giving up the chance to use another patron or cash out single Gold cards early.

I should have also mentioned that "Contract Action" Treasury cards are not counted in the "total cards" thing, for example Ragpicker or Tithe, but your Gold and Writ of Coin cards are counted.
    Options
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deritha_DA wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for your answer! That makes sense. So at the start of the match we have 10 card so this would be 1 power in the start or 2 powers if favored plus that extra card. And then your « deck » grows… I need to check if there is a handy way to see how many cards I have accumulated.

Yes one of the issues with sorcerer King is that it doesn't actually tell you *how much* power it translates into.
    Options