The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Making money without crafting or leveling?

Jastl
Jastl
From what I see so far - kill drops don't happen in an area once you get above a character level threshold for that area. Say you spent too much gold on stuff and need more but really don't want to craft. Is there a way to just grind away killing to make money without constantly moving forward to higher level areas? I assume no and will start to pull weeds to make potions or steal ingredients from houses soon.
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    I have never gotten more than 1 gold on killing anything normally. Nor do they drop items regularly like in other games.

You could try looking for chests but it's first come first served with those. Or sell what you find in crates and the like.
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very confused. Why are you not leveling?
    ----
    Murray?
  • morgueanna
    morgueanna
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what you're looking for- it sounds like you want to stay in a certain area, not progress beyond the level you're at, and still make money. Is there a reason you don't want to level?

You can still collect crafting materials and sell them through chat or just vendor them to get money. Still not sure why you don't want to move past an area you've outleveled though.
  • Jastl
    Jastl
    LOL. I am leveling but am usually busy doing other non-game stuff at the same time so don't pay too much attention. But I can sit there and do mindless kills when i get time - I just have speakers turned up in case I get attacked and can respond
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rmorika wrote: »
    LOL. I am leveling but am usually busy doing other non-game stuff at the same time so don't pay too much attention. But I can sit there and do mindless kills when i get time - I just have speakers turned up in case I get attacked and can respond

Well, might I advise you not play while simultaneously doing a lot of other stuff?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Jastl
    Jastl
    Then I would get sooo little game time in and that would not be right. Just busy for a couple weeks while I pack to move (pack box, hear something hitting me, run back to screen)...
  • Ehndling
    Ehndling
    You could try fishing? Bait's easy enough to get. As far as I know fish serve no other purpose aside from Achievements or rarely finding Crafting Items/Gear. Only thing I could think of.
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The problem isn't making money. The problem is the repair costs that seem to be way higher than they should be.

m4eLYel.png
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't making money. The problem is the repair costs that seem to be way higher than they should be.

You have your own thread; stop hijacking.
    ----
    Murray?
  • SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    Only ways i know how to make coins without crafting, just refined all your resources or mats then sell them. There are tons of resources laying all over the place.
  • r0w3n
    r0w3n
    Soul Shriven

Goldfarmer.

• Zagadka
    Zagadka
    ✭✭
    Main thing... don't buy stuff. Early on you don't need to update gear that much and can usually get by on quest rewards and drops until 15.
  • Jastl
    Jastl
    Thanks - think i'll try your fishing idea. Don't have time to run around looking for wood but can kil
  • Jastl
    Jastl
    didn't post right -- kill butterflies all around me for bait and catch carp. Can make tons of cash on that :)
  • clockwork_troll
    Ehndling wrote: »
    You could try fishing? Bait's easy enough to get.
    morgueanna wrote: »
    You can still collect crafting materials and sell them through chat or just vendor them to get money.

These two together. When collecting materials (rather, Jute), you'll sometimes find bait. And you can always find small critters you can kill off for bait too. Also, you can find runes to make glyphs real quick.

Try joining a guild, sometimes they have a guild shop where you can sell off materials in bulk.

But generally, you do want to actually play the game. Get stuff done, then let at them.
  • JunkyardWolf
    JunkyardWolf
    ✭✭
    Only ways i know how to make coins without crafting, just refined all your resources or mats then sell them. There are tons of resources laying all over the place.

This is the way to go if you just want fast gold. (or pick pocket Clockwork_Troll)

• morgueanna
    morgueanna
    ✭✭
    rmorika wrote: »

You do realize you have to actively play the game to collect resources, engage mobs, and make money though, right?

I understand your time is tight right now. Mine is too- I think I've played a total of 4 hours so far since Sunday. But knowing that, I understand I'm not making any money or progressing. In order to be rewarded, one must work for it. If you don't have the time to do these things, what would you expect?
  • Jastl
    Jastl
    Don't expect much at all - but a few gold here and there for fish sounds ok - even peaceful. Too bad there isn't a fishing skill like in Ultima Online or something where I could catch something real nice
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    r0w3n wrote: »

Goldfarmer.

An amateur one at that.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Harvesting nodes (iron/jute/runes) then selling them to players. You get A LOT of money that way. You don't HAVE to extract them, most people rather buy them raw and extract themselves for a chance at enhancement items. You can make 1-4k a day like that.
  • Darquer
    Darquer
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly buy a lot of runes and plants for enchanting and alchemy. I collect as well but when I see good player deals, I buy them quickly so there is certainly a market for crafting materials. You don't need to craft yourself in that case if that is your preference.
  • leylfiye
    leylfiye
    Find a good circuit and run it. Meaning I have found a small area that spawns 6 iron deposits, three maple logs, 3 jute plants, 3 chests and a variety of other plants that can be harvested. I spent a little less than two hours running it and have almost three stacks of iron ore, and a little over one stack each of maple wood and raw jute. I don't even know what I picked up from the chests and other plants. I plan on refining to improve my crafting but I'm sure I could sell and make a fair amount of gold if I wanted.
    Edited by leylfiye on April 2, 2014 6:02PM
  • clockwork_troll
    r0w3n wrote: »

Goldfarmer.

An amateur one at that.

Darnit. Now I see it.
    Well played.