The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Event == unstable servers

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
I stopped playing after U35....been enjoying the game again for a couple weeks. It's sad seeing that ZOS hasn't learned anything since that time:

ql17h5wczsur.png
8fgidn6ciol7.png
t6dfy8zicmjg.png
6l70eaimg4fl.png
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another for the collection:
    ya03q1tz3z35.png
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unplayable in it's current state.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never see any of that.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I never see any of that.
    Same here.

I highly recommend either one of these to resolve technical issues:

1. Try rebooting your device
    2. Check your internet connection such as ping, internet speed, mbps, etc
    3. Rebooting the router
    4. Scan and repair for the game
    5. closing out background processes and other apps running
    6. disabling all addons

And if any of those don't work then try...

1. Uninstall then reinstall the game
    2. Updating computer/device hardware such as the internet card and or other drivers
    3. And for last resort, contact technical/I.T. support.

And don't delete system32.
    Edited by wilykcat on February 23, 2024 3:36AM
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like ZOS allocated more bandwith/resources as about 30 minutes later this evened out.
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    More than likely your issue had nothing to do with the game.
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on ravenwatch for 4 hours prime time yesterday and didn't crash once. Possibly an issue your end.
  • uniqpy
    uniqpy
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I queued for an hour for gray host, went to a battle and was immediately booted from the server. I got error 307. But it has happened outside the event too. Cyrodil seemingly causes a lot more lag to the entire mega-server, so adding alot more instances most likely needs alot more resources.

It does seem to be abit more common during events but in general it seems no more prevalent than server issues in other games.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU: Haven't had any disconnect issues so far, and I've done four entire town's quests and joined one massive siege to get the 15 kills weekly endeavour.

Make sure to check you have a stable internet connection. Stable is not the same as working, a working internet connection is not always stable. Stable connection means no interruptions or disconnects or rebuilds or refreshes of that connection, no matter how short/small.

PS: If you get disconnected, you have to wait 3 to 5 minutes before logging in again. This is the time it takes for the server to notice you are no longer connected and logs you off. If you log in before that, you will get a number of different errors.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems more like an individual issue in this case.

If the game were behaving that poorly, the forum would be flooded with these kinds of posts, and that ain't currently happening.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • lunaslide
      lunaslide
      ✭✭✭
      DigiAngel wrote: »
      I stopped playing after U35....been enjoying the game again for a couple weeks. It's sad seeing that ZOS hasn't learned anything since that time:

ql17h5wczsur.png
      8fgidn6ciol7.png
      t6dfy8zicmjg.png
      6l70eaimg4fl.png

I experienced the same on Xbox when I first logged in yesterday. I'm a network engineer by trade, tested out my connection and devices, fully rebooted the Xbox, etc. Problem not on my side, probably not yours either.

I logged off and had lunch, logged on another character about 2 hours later and the performance issues were gone.
    • Minnesinger
      Minnesinger
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Such is the state of this game. Sad!
      The wind is cold where I live,
      The blizzard is my home,
      Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
    • flubber77
      flubber77
      ✭✭✭✭
      Zenimax have done this for 10 years, and still they cant handle a single pvp event. They even reduced amount of players able to go into pvp hard and yet servers cant handle this.
      Still a grudge, only to see false what u want and nothing less.
    • freespirit
      freespirit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      It's very easy to say "Well it hasn't happened to me", it hasn't btw but I do wonder what the common denominator is for the people it is happening to.

I used do do Trials with a Guild group and there was one person who would always crash at least once, the other eleven would have no issue but everytime this poor person did.

Is it maybe location based, the route taken to the server? Is it type of internet connection or maybe specific isp's?

Everyone always says "it's not me, it must be the game" but if that was truly 100% the cause then these forums would always be flooded with posts, like they are when there is actually an issue affecting a lot of people!

I live in a big city, I have medium/high speed fibre broadband, my son's were having issues with other games.... they are wi fi I am wired... so my youngest brought a better router than my isp supplies. Their issues were solved and I now have difficulty remembering the last time I crashed.

Of an evening in my house there are often 4 PC's on, all running some type of online game, I only ever play ESO these days and I don't crash. Over the years I have had multiple friends have crashing issues and 99.99% of the time it has turned out to be their problem but hard to locate.
      When people say to me........
      "You're going to regret that in the morning"
      I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    • DigiAngel
      DigiAngel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My guess is regional networking event. While I appreciate the "it's your issue", sometimes it's a man in the middle issue. and I suspect that's what the case was here. Again, an hour+ later and everything was fine....no noted internet issues besides this one so....I'll give a <shrug> and drive on :smile:
    • Medicate
      Medicate
      ✭✭✭
      PvP runs smooth, but PvE is a mess. Laggy and unstable.
      Did they shift the Server Focus on the Downtime this week? feels horrible tbh
    • Twig_Garlicshine
      Twig_Garlicshine
      ✭✭✭✭
      Couple days ago Wow was subject to a DDos attack.
      Could be something similar.

Not everything is a user problem.
    • Lemurejo
      Lemurejo
      ✭✭✭
      i'm just trying to do dailies but... is imposible at least is this one try to do it at non sense hours like 3 am :'c
    • Amottica
      Amottica
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      More than likely your issue had nothing to do with the game.

True. There is a lot that goes on between the ethernet port on our PC and the servers. With AvA there is probably much more data that compounds any issue that may be occurring.

• Four_Fingers
      Four_Fingers
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There has been a lot of hanky panky going on with the internet the last couple of days, cell service disruption and now a major healthcare provider shut down by nation-state cyber attacks.
      My son can't even log into the same healthcare provider he works for yet.
      I fear it will only be getting worse.
      That being said I have not had any trouble with the PS NA ESO servers yet during the event.
      Edited by Four_Fingers on February 23, 2024 5:51PM
    • KiltMaster
      KiltMaster
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yep. I sat in queue for over an hourto play with my friends in Grey Host. Crashed within 20 mins. Its the same *** every year - guess I'm not surprised.

Don't worry - it'll letcha back in once you get booted from Cyrodiil and have to requeue.

Same ***, different year. Quite sad that they can't, or simply refuse to, fix the game.
      PC/NA
      GM of "Kilts for Sale"
      Ebonheart Pact
      He/Him
    • Jamerth
      Jamerth
      ✭✭✭
      This might be some network issue from your side?
      Also where are you located and on what server are you playing?
      Strange enought, i had no issues in any zone, including Cyro and IC, even if i am located in EU (RO) and playing on US servers.
      Back in 2021, when i took a major break until september 2023, it was indeed unplayable, even when there was no event.