The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PLEASE make crafting surveys easier for console players.

jlats
jlats
✭✭✭✭
I’m not asking for an auto assistant to do all our surveys for us, it would just be nice to have something that marks our surveys on the map for us, to bring consoles QOL slightly more in line with PC and all its add ons.
Especially as more people make the switch to PS5, which has resolution issues making it not possible to zoom in as far on the map.
It just feels unfair that console players are stuck having to google survey locations constantly, and get eye strain trying to find the right location on a zoomed out map, when realistically at a certain point it should be marked for us.
I wouldn’t even mind if some achievement like master crafter or something had to be unlocked to receive the perk.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes please
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    You console players are the true heroes. I just dont know how you do it. As a PC player, I just cannot fathom living and playing the game without my addons. They should be able to figure out some way to make your lives easier. Or, you can just come over here to the other side of the fence and join us PC players.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ditto for treasure maps, they are far worse than surveys.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While that would be nice, in the end, I just look it up on the Internet.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if the chars could "remember" locations after they picked the survey. Same for treasure maps.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Options
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or they could just give us the raw resources in a container then and there instead of another small time waster
    Options
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the blue glowy chest passive to also work for treasure map mounds.
    Options
  • jlats
    jlats
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jestir wrote: »
    Or they could just give us the raw resources in a container then and there instead of another small time waster

I don’t want this. It would make node harvesting CP buffs pointless, remove the extra bonuses you can get from harvesting nodes (leads, nirncrux etc.) and would plummet the price of mats because they would flood the market. If you want the rewards, do the content. If you don’t like the content, don’t do it. It’s not a waste of time if you want the results.
    Edited by jlats on March 11, 2024 8:59AM
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always thought it would be nice if a marker appears for surveys and maps in your inventory after you've collected the first of each, like how all other locations get an icon when you find them. I might actually do treasure maps then!
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only ting you can do is to keep pestering zos for a way to transfer your account on pc.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Silaf wrote: »
    The only ting you can do is to keep pestering zos for a way to transfer your account on pc.

why?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us have played on both and want the console experience instead due to the more equal playing field across the game. I felt like on PC I needed to have the addons since everyone was using them. Where as console everyone has the same tools to use.
    PvP needs more love.
    Options
  • jlats
    jlats
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silaf wrote: »

I’m not spending money on a pc that I don’t need, can’t afford, and don’t have space for, just to play a game I already own but with a slightly better QOL.
    Options
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If players want all the perks that PC players have they should play on PC. Dumbing the game down to cater to game boxes has hurt the game in too many ways already.
    Options
  • jlats
    jlats
    ✭✭✭✭
    If players want all the perks that PC players have they should play on PC. Dumbing the game down to cater to game boxes has hurt the game in too many ways already.

First of all, no one is asking for “all the perks” this is a discussion about one single QOL feature.
    Second, how is adding something that PC has to console dumbing it down? Surely that makes PC the most dumbed down since it has addons for everything?
    Would love to know how console players getting a single marker feature for surveys hurts the game at large in any way, shape or form.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jlats wrote: »

First of all, no one is asking for “all the perks” this is a discussion about one single QOL feature.
    Second, how is adding something that PC has to console dumbing it down? Surely that makes PC the most dumbed down since it has addons for everything?
    Would love to know how console players getting a single marker feature for surveys hurts the game at large in any way, shape or form.

This would be a QoL update that would benefit everyone.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
    Edited by CGPsaint on April 19, 2024 2:08AM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭

Probably the most ironic post I've read in 2024.

Maybe last year as well
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
    Edited by CGPsaint on April 19, 2024 12:41AM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options