The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PSA: bank your tel var

Kite42
Kite42
✭✭✭✭✭
Or alternatively, join me in my semiannual charity donation and ballista burning event!
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I purposely run around without any just for fun.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But just 1,000 more, just one more patrolling horror then ill bank, just one more...just one more...
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I purposely run around without any just for fun.

I was preloading IC quests last week so that I don't have to bother with Gank City during the actual event because I am not a PvPer. Had just banked all my Tel Var. Hopped down to burn a ballista. A Red who was half-injured cowered away and appeared to be preloading the quest as well so I left them alone So, naturally, they decide to come at me as I burned the second ballista and I let them kill me because I couldn't be bothered and I'd likely die anyway. That's how you are repaid for leaving someone half-dead alone to regen their health. I did laugh that they got precisely nothing but wasted time from the action. 5 minutes later and I was done with the quest anyway.

Alternatively, in another district, I finished preloading the quest and a wandering boss happened to be coming by. I figure, why not? And start soloing it on my HA Sorc all in divines who has zero reason to ever be in IC because LOL. Got it to 75% down and a red Arcanist comes bookbeaming from the other side. At this point, I simply hope they will allow me to at least loot the boss before murdering me. Red's health goes down quite a ways at one point and briefly I think "Huh, maybe I could actually kill them then finish off the boss". But I am not a PvPer and do not wish to be That Guy to someone else who, at that time, was also focusing on the boss and not me. Boss goes down and I loot quickly, waiting to then be killed as well. But the Red backs away and I back away. Then they run off and leave the district. Whether to be sporting or because they realized I had spared them earlier in the battle when their health had tanked or to get away from my pets which I couldn't exactly stop from poking them, I do not know, but THAT was actually a very cool moment.

I look forward to NOT seeing any of you in IC during the event now. :D
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh psh 1000 is chump change. Feed your inner gambler. More often than not you'll come back with more than you left with if you play it smart, bring 1k kill a boss and some enemies and youll net positive even if you do get ganked if you farm enough.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't, I need more hakeijos.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some time at the start of the event I was on my Khajiit nb with one stealth gear set. Killed an quest objective mob so obviously not in stealthy and an PvE build. Someone jumped me, I killed him fast so not an pvp build either, think execute+ spin to win. +20.000 tel-var, multiple achievements and shadowing while sneaking while porting to Cyrodil.
    In short in IC do not attack people if you do not know that you are doing or in an group who kind of know :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And then there's the guy that lost 15.6 mill tel var in one go...
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

Good LORD the way I'd have a near-heart attack if I was the ganker or the one who got ganked

What was bro thinking??? :#
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MAJOR *wince*.

Just.... OUCH.
    Edited by TaSheen on February 20, 2024 3:11AM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of PSAs, I need to remember to alert the newbies in IC to the port-to-Cyrodiil trick. And check with my guildies to see if we need more War Torte…
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That had to have been staged or intentional, like the player wanted to be a Pinata for someone lucky. Why else would you be carrying 30 million???
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd guess someone quitting in style too, but they may have accidentally hit withdraw all instead of deposit all...

I have banker characters for my banker characters these days. Eve Online made me paran-whothefeckisthat?!